• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Headed to Vegas

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Suggestions for an old man and his wife? I have some plans already as regards dining and hope to catch a Cirq or similar show. We're staying at The Venetian, a huge Prima view suite. Suggestions I seek:

Nightlife:

One that will fit a laid back 37 year old and his wife. Not a kids' club or one where I will have to yell to say something to my wife. Not a cigar club either. I plan on hitting the Double Helix, but it seems to close early (and I don't
smile.gif
)

Shopping:

I know things will be overpriced. So places that might have good clothes/shoes not outrageously over pices. I know there is at least one huge wine store/cellar there, but can't find it in my back issues of Wine Spectator. Anyone know the place I am thinking of?

Plan to stop at Primm's, if at all possible.

mishon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While did this does not answer either of your questions, on our recent trip to Vegas, we were recommended the Lotus of Siam, just off the main strip. Some of the tastiest Thai food I ever had.

bcx

Reaction score
Palazzo has a Barney's, and you'll be near The Fashion Show mall which is right across from Wynn. Also, go to the Forum Shops at Caesar's. As for cheaper shopping, I wouldn't go out of my way to go to Primm since it's basically just like any other outlet mall. There's an outdoor one much closer to the city between the main strip and downtown, just off the highway.

I second LoS for Thai, which is just east on Sahara. Another reasonably priced meal can be had at Rosemary's, which is west on Sahara. I recommend renting a car, as cab fare can add up going to places off the strip.

Try MIX for a slightly more mature club/lounge.

jqbomb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bcx
Palazzo has a Barney's, and you'll be near The Fashion Show mall which is right across from Wynn. Also, go to the Forum Shops at Caesar's. As for cheaper shopping, I wouldn't go out of my way to go to Primm since it's basically just like any other outlet mall. There's an outdoor one much closer to the city between the main strip and downtown, just off the highway.

I second LoS for Thai, which is just east on Sahara. Another reasonably priced meal can be had at Rosemary's, which is west on Sahara. I recommend renting a car, as cab fare can add up going to places off the strip.

Try MIX for a slightly more mature club/lounge.

i echo the recommendation on rosemary's. the food and service are outstanding. they offer a $50 prix fare and half price wine on sunday nights.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jqbomb
i echo the recommendation on rosemary's. the food and service are outstanding. they offer a $50 prix fare and half price wine on sunday nights.

Thanks guys for the tip. Sunday night might be just the night for that.

finch

Reaction score
There's an excellent steak house inside the Paris hotel (so my wife and I thought), sorry the name eludes me at the moment. If there's quality entertainment at the Paris it is also well worth it, wife and I saw Denis Miller, excellent live venue.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by finch
There's an excellent steak house inside the Paris hotel (so my wife and I thought), sorry the name eludes me at the moment. If there's quality entertainment at the Paris it is also well worth it, wife and I saw Denis Miller, excellent live venue.

Finch:

Thanks for the input. We already have a steakhouse on our itinerary though. It is the Del Monico. There are two reasons 1) it is at the Venetian, where we are staying 2) It is known for a very extensive cellar.

But thanks for the suggestion! If you have more, please toss them up.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really enjoyed Charlie Palmer's steak house in Four Seasons.

I'm not sure if that is what you're looking for, but the food is fantastic. The group i was with on the trip were certainly steak lovers so we went to Ruth Chris also, and Charlie Palmer's was much better.

I cant make any suggestions on the club, the group i went with was more a cigar club crowd, not much for me, but i enjoyed it.

Looks like i'm a bit late with this as i see you already have plans made for dinner.

sincerity

Reaction score
@ Delmonicos, get the 50.00 bone in house steak....or it was 50 last time I was there...the marbling and overall cut of meat was outstanding...i've had 3 times now and each time great down to the last bite. Cannot go wrong....also don't miss the salad "prepared" at your table...I believe it was a caesar and was outstanding.

I'll 2nd the opinion on MIX as well, great view, good drinks and plenty of talent walking around for watching, also it's open until 5am if I remember correctly....carnival court is also pretty cool, outdoors so you can enjoy the "cooler" weather nowadays...grab some relatively cheap margaritas and enjoy the live music or dj...also http://www.lasvegaslogue.com/what-to...dalay-bay.html i've been wanting to check this place out...the no cover intrigued me and i'm a tech type guy so not sure if that's your scene or not.

ahhh I need to get back out there it's been since may!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Friday afternoon, arrive The Venetian.

Dinner: DelMonico (in the Venetian).

Sunday night: a show, TBA. Leaning towards Rosemary's for dinner, as suggested here.

Keep the ideas coming. Don't forget for night life, 37 y/o married folk. No kid spots please.

emptym

Reaction score
Lucky b@$+@rd!!! I grew up in LV, love it, and miss it. I second the Lotus of Siam and Rosemary's recs. For cheap thrills, you might try Luv It Frozen Custard on Oakey Blvd, just east of Las Vegas Blvd. and All Star Donuts on Las Vegas Blvd, just north of Oakey Blvd. They're right next to each other. West Coast donuts blow away East Coast donuts. Get the apple fritter and a chocolate old fashioned -- mmmmmmmmmm. Definitely try to see some of the desert too. If you have time in the morning, see Red Rock Canyon at the western end of Sahara Ave. If you're free in the afternoon, see Hoover Dam. The sun lights them up best at these times. If you time it right at Hoover Dam, the tour will end at the top of the dam as the sun is setting in the Colorado river canyon below and the dam will be lit up golden. As you drive back in the desert darkness, you'll have a great view of the stars, and then when you crest one hill, the sudden appearance of the lights of the LV valley will be another nice surprise.

bcx

Reaction score
A lot of people seem to recommend the Bellagio or Wynn buffets, but I'm guessing some people don't know about Bally's Sunday Sterling Brunch buffet. Unlimited lobster, lamb and free-flowing Perrier Jouet. It's pricier than Wynn and Bellagio though at $75, and it's only on Sunday brunch.

Having said that, I recommend skipping buffets altogether.

Also, try the drive to Red Rock during sunset.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics