• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post your five favorite bands and I will mock and generalize you.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augusto86
Also, I'm going to go with my last 5 plays: The Police Caetano Veloso Nas Led Zeppelin Audioslave
You are one of those pricks who shows up at a party, turns your nose up at the Natty Boh, and say you only drink Stella. Not entirely unrelated: You used to have a goatee. Also you sandwiched Caetono Veloso (admittedly, an unimpeachable choice) between such boring unoriginal **** that you lose all cool points. Damn you ethnic types for being born in to a vibrant musical heritage!

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Circa Survive
Aesop Rock
The Sound of Animals Fighting
As Cities Burn
mewithoutYou

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylish Pilot
Circa Survive Aesop Rock The Sound of Animals Fighting As Cities Burn mewithoutYou
REMMEMBER WHEN WE SAW GLASSJAW AND TIM BROKE HIS CLAVICLE LOL>HAWDCORE! Though I'm actually impressed with Aesop Rock - most of you xxhawdcore tards pick Sage Francis as your "No I have varied tastes and don't just listen to emaciated white kids with daddy issues yelp." choice. (Though the correct choice is of course Saul Williams) Protip: USBM is just as an unlistenable as hardcore and you don't seem nearly as ****.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
You are one of those pricks who shows up at a party, turns your nose up at the Natty Boh, and say you only drink Stella. Not entirely unrelated: You used to have a goatee.

Also you sandwiched Caetono Veloso (admittedly, an unimpeachable choice) between such boring unoriginal **** that you lose all cool points. Damn you ethnic types for being born in to a vibrant musical heritage!

This is slightly terrifying in its laser-like accuracy, although I call cheating on the goatee thing, since everybody knows that.

I have actually brought my own Stella Artois to parties on my quad where, in fact, people were drinking Natty Lite. I am a prick.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I shall give a go:

1. New Order
2. Trembling Blue Stars
3. Rufus Wainwright
4. Pink Martini
5. Michael Feinstein

b

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
I shall give a go: 1. New Order 2. Trembling Blue Stars 3. Rufus Wainwright 4. Pink Martini 5. Michael Feinstein b
You are a caucasion male between the ages of 30 and 45. Sometimes at parties you used to act more drunk then you actually were to match up with your peers. People consider you to be sociable but you know you are more withdrawn and tend to analyze conversations well after they completed. You have a faint childhood scar on one of your knees (left?). Usually even-tempered, your anger tends to flare up every now and then unexpectedly, mostly without consequence but this still makes you uncomfortable. You saw Garden State and liked it, but you felt the ending unfavorably tipped the balance between the saccharine and the poignant. I HAVE SEEN IN TO YOUR VERY SOUL! BOW BEFORE MY MUSIC ANALYSIS ABILITIES.

brlfvr

Reaction score
The Glands
Sinatra
Mates of State
Cheap Trick
Peter Gabriel

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
REMMEMBER WHEN WE SAW GLASSJAW AND TIM BROKE HIS CLAVICLE LOL>HAWDCORE! Though I'm actually impressed with Aesop Rock - most of you xxhawdcore tards pick Sage Francis as your "No I have varied tastes and don't just listen to emaciated white kids with daddy issues yelp." choice.

(Though the correct choice is of course Saul Williams)

Protip: USBM is just as an unlistenable as hardcore and you don't seem nearly as ****.

oh come no you know that only 1 of those bands i posted are hardcore. and as cities burn has since moved on because their old lead singer quit.

who is USBM?

some more to rip me apart on:
lupe fiasco
atmosphere
band of horses
sondre lerche
phil wickham

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augusto86
This is slightly terrifying in its laser-like accuracy, although I call cheating on the goatee thing, since everybody knows that.

I have actually brought my own Stella Artois to parties on my quad where, in fact, people were drinking Natty Lite. I am a prick.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Natty Lite is a far cry from Natty Boh. Long live Boh.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AntiHero84
Natty Lite is a far cry from Natty Boh. Long live Boh.
Wait, what? Natty Light = Natural Light. What is Natty Boh? It' not the non-light version, Natty Ice. Come to think of it, I have never seen a can of anything called Natty Boh or Natural Boh. What's Boh?

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went back and noticed I've posted my own five favorites before, a little over a year ago

Originally Posted by me
Pavement
Dinosaur Jr.
Fugazi
The Hold Steady
Ted Leo

Today I'd probably switch out the Hold Steady (new album=letdown), and replace with the stuff-white-people-like-iest band ever: Wilco

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are a caucasion male between the ages of 30 and 45. Sometimes at parties you used to act more drunk then you actually were to match up with your peers. People consider you to be sociable but you know you are more withdrawn and tend to analyze conversations well after they completed.

You have a faint childhood scar on one of your knees (left?). Usually even-tempered, your anger tends to flare up every now and then unexpectedly, mostly without consequence but this still makes you uncomfortable.

You saw Garden State and liked it, but you felt the ending unfavorably tipped the balance between the saccharine and the poignant.

I HAVE SEEN IN TO YOUR VERY SOUL! BOW BEFORE MY MUSIC ANALYSIS ABILITIES.

eh.gif
DOH!

Okay, the age one was easy, but the rest is f-ing weird. Though the scar was on my right knee and has faded. You should have known that given my potential age.

And I can't actually remember how Garden State ended. Presumably together. That is a bit too sweet for me. Though to contadict that, you forgot a huge trait of mine: I'm a hopeless romantic.

b

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Protip: Gavin Degraw is John Mayer for pussies. And John Mayer is basically just music for pussies.

Sometimes you wear your shirt collar on top of your jacket. You have, at one point in your life, owned a leather blazer as well as enough hair product to supply the entire cast of a John Waters movie.

You are basically the model Jetta driver.

You went to public school.

You closely followed the Blu-ray v. HD DVD format war. Douchebag.

You fantasize about doing Special K with Bradford Cox. You lost your virginity to Kraftwerk, which is kind of creepy - like seriously, how do you plan that **** out? You might be Rye GB's little brother.

lol this is perfect. man, you should work for Howard Stern or something, get a column in a magazine.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
lol this is perfect. man, you should work for Howard Stern or something, get a column in a magazine.
Everyone see that?!!? Come on I know some people on here have to work in the industry - I can be paid in alcohol and clothes. Thanks Sho. (i will do the new ones tonight when I get back from a gig) And Natty Boh is the Baltimore Natty Light and USBM means US Black Metal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads