• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

blind date

untilted

Reaction score
so my female friend thought it'd be hilarious to set me up for a blind date. half joke half serious. and its happening pretty soon. what are the most popular outcomes of blind dates, generally?

hypothetical scenario, if i think it goes well, how do i continue with it? "this has been fun, let's do it again some time?" but what if she saw it as a joke to begin with?

Jack Stephen

Reaction score
do you see it as a joke to begin with? its a chance to meet someone new, take it as that i would say. And yeah if things roll smooth try to do a follow up date.

Aureus

Reaction score
If you have a good time and she has a good time then who cares if one or both of you saw it as a joke to begin with?

alan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why dont people just go as a group and bring the two theyre hooking up?

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alan
Why dont people just go as a group and bring the two theyre hooking up?

Because people don't like using their heads.

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My advice is not to say "wow, for a joke date, you actually seem cool", or "usually with blind dates I expect the worst" or "when my friends said blind date, I thought you would be a complete charity case"

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Honestly, I wouldn't worry as much about what to do if it goes well. Arrange for another meet-up or hang out all together for drinks with the friend that hooked you up.

The tough part is, how do you finish the date and what do you say if things don't go right? That's the potentially awkward part.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just lay the pipe and ask questions later.

Droog

Reaction score
My wife and I met on a blind date. That was 1981.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should both be very lighthearted about it and think of it more as a fun night out with possibilities than a, duh duh duh, date. No expectations that way you aren't disappointed and perhaps are surprised.

At the end you will probably end it on a hug regardless unless something extraordinary happens. I think you will know at the end if you both mutually dig each other. You don't want to push something at the end if you don't think she is equally enthused. You could just make a lighthearted comment like, I didn't know how this would be, being my first blind date and all, but I had fun..blah blah you know. Just be smooth and end it positive.

adamsnez

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
The tough part is, how do you finish the date and what do you say if things don't go right? That's the potentially awkward part.
i can make a guess how majority of SF says they'd like to 'finish' the date
bigstar[1].gif

Also, exaggerate and lie, tell them what they wanna hear

iron_ball

Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamsnez
i can make a guess how majority of SF says they'd like to 'finish' the date

"No, no, no, I meant KENT Wang!"

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
come in doing your best stevie wonder impression, and then ask her where her seeing eye dog is. and be like, WTF i thought this was a blind date!

bant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Milhouse
My advice is not to say "wow, for a joke date, you actually seem cool", or "usually with blind dates I expect the worst" or "when my friends said blind date, I thought you would be a complete charity case"

that's funny - that is actually what i WOULD personally say if things went well (in a joking manner). people naturally expect the worst on a blind date. go in with an open mind and a sense of humor and keep things nice and light. zero pressure - i never have issues with blind dates or first dates. it gets complicated when you actually see them a few times and develop feelings (best reserved for another thread)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads