• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My life is packed into a U-Haul trailer.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's a pretty odd feeling isn't it? Moving, that is. Aside from one big move in the late '90's I haven't been acquainted with the emotions that rise to the surface when one pulls up stakes and heads West. I've never lived outside of New York on my own and the thought makes me both nervous and excited (probably more of the former at this point). But I'm 20, and I'm ready to "leave the nest" and live on my own. This means more responsibilities but I don't think that is a bad thing. Lessons to be learned and all that.

If I happen to die on the trek to the Buckeye State (we'll be in Pennsylvania so it may happen) I'd like to say that it's been nice knowing you all.

Warmest,
Connedoleeza

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I was coming back home to Canada from my exchange in Finland I realized I couldn't fit everything in my suitcases. I wandered around my apartment complex and dropped stuff I didn't want to take back.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Conne, remember: it's a bad idea to sip on whiskey while driving a uhaul truck.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Conne, remember: it's a bad idea to sip on whiskey while driving a uhaul truck.
Daddy will be doing most of the driving so I'll be OK. My grandparents just came over to say goodbye and grandma started crying. I almost lost it
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look to P. Lupone in times of great change.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
Look to P. Lupone in times of great change.
Patti is always in my heart (and on my iTunes). I obtained a bootleg of one of her 1980-'81 cabaret shows at Les Mouches. Her Come Rain or Come Shine makes me melt
inlove.gif

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Patti is always in my heart (and on my iTunes). I obtained a bootleg of one of her 1980-'81 cabaret shows at Les Mouches. Her Come Rain or Come Shine makes me melt
inlove.gif

You know, sometimes your posts are so gay it makes SoCal, GoSurface, and I look like starting members of the Green Bay Packers.
wink.gif
Anyway, good luck in the move... it's no fun and I hate doing it... but in the past seven years I've done it so much (moving to work in Japan, then grad school, then doc work, etc.) that until I have a permanent spot am getting nothing heavier than 10 pounds that I can't throw or give away when I head out...

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
You know, sometimes your posts are so gay it makes SoCal, GoSurface, and I look like starting members of the Green Bay Packers.
wink.gif

You just tried to prove your heterosexuality by citing the one team whose name contains a sexual innuendo. Who's the **** now?!!?

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
You just tried to prove your heterosexuality by citing the one team whose name contains a sexual innuendo. Who's the **** now?!!?
pwned! I'd like to say, "well, of course I knew that and that's why I posted it..." but... alas... I didn't. It was just the first football team that came to mind... and I don't know too many.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
pwned!

I'd like to say, "well, of course I knew that and that's why I posted it..." but... alas... I didn't. It was just the first football team that came to mind... and I don't know too many.

I wonder what Freud would have to say about this.

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I miss the days when I could fit all of my belongings in a two door car. Life gets complicated in a hurry, although, I will admit, it is nice to sleep on a bed.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
I wonder what Freud would have to say about this.

I don't know... but my guess is it would be something in German about my mother...
tounge.gif

ms244

Reaction score
Except for my furniture ( a desk, bookcase, vintage couch and a mattress. With the exception of the couch I'd practically give them away on craiglist when I move and not care) I can fit all of my possessions into my 4 door car.

Except my tools.

Those will require a dually with a 20' goose neck to move.
laugh.gif

Be a man, do the drive yourself. Once you drive a quarter way cross country by yourself, a 1000 miles will not seem like a lot.

On a side note,

Edmorel, where and how do you find pretty blond girls willing to dress up like a horse and let them have your way with them (?or whatever it is in your avatar?). Inquiring minds want to know.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics