• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Million Dollar Listing

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody else watching this show? I've just watched the Season 2 finale tonight. That douchebag of a kid Josh Flagg showed his client a property on his Mac, and within 5 minutes the guy put in a $30 million offer on it. Are people seriously this stupid? Or is this just a TV set up? How does this kid make a living being such a complete amateur, and a douchy one at that? The other two guys at least seem to know what they're doing, and they're professional at it. I saw in another episode that Josh showed up in at his client house in sweats, complete with headband and Rayban aviators. Personally, if my agent shows up like that at my house I'd kick him out and fire his ass. The owner of that property had some sense and told this fool that he'd negotiate the deal himself (and calling him out for what he is, an idiot).

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I missed the finale but have been watching the show for the past week (they played tons of reruns). I want to know how these guys got hooked up with those positions. I assume they are really good at what they do, but they had to learn from the best in order to get there. Its pretty amazing that they are in their early 20s and making 70k commissions per home.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Anybody else watching this show? I've just watched the Season 2 finale tonight. That douchebag of a kid Josh Flagg showed his client a property on his Mac, and within 5 minutes the guy put in a $30 million offer on it. Are people seriously this stupid? Or is this just a TV set up? How does this kid make a living being such a complete amateur, and a douchy one at that? The other two guys at least seem to know what they're doing, and they're professional at it. I saw in another episode that Josh showed up in at his client house in sweats, complete with headband and Rayban aviators. Personally, if my agent shows up like that at my house I'd kick him out and fire his ass. The owner of that property had some sense and told this fool that he'd negotiate the deal himself (and calling him out for what he is, an idiot).

Did you even watch the whole episode? He explained that his power was out and had no water. The real life story of home purchases was obviously condensed so it can fit into a tv show, I thought that was pretty much common sense. The guy who was selling that house was a blithering idiot. He tried selling the house for $10m when he had just purchased it a year earlier for $5.2m and in a ****** market at that. He ended up blowing both of the deals because of his awesome negotiating skills. I think you might have missed a few parts of the episode.

Originally Posted by IUtoSLU
I want to know how these guys got hooked up with those positions. I assume they are really good at what they do, but they had to learn from the best in order to get there. Its pretty amazing that they are in their early 20s and making 70k commissions per home.

I thought it was relatively obvious that they come from very wealthy socialite families in the area. Being a real estate agent in LA who sells homes in Beverly Hills and Malibu is 95% connections and who you know. Family referrals explains why the youngest was able to sell 80 million dollars of real estate in one year at age 21.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
Did you even watch the whole episode? He explained that his power was out and had no water. The real life story of home purchases was obviously condensed so it can fit into a tv show, I thought that was pretty much common sense. The guy who was selling that house was a blithering idiot. He tried selling the house for $10m when he had just purchased it a year earlier for $5.2m and in a ****** market at that. He ended up blowing both of the deals because of his awesome negotiating skills. I think you might have missed a few parts of the episode.
I thought the same thing. Except those filthy Algerians were lying about both offers just to spite the agent. I saw it on their faces, they never had any offers especially "slightly over the asking price". And the lines he was giving to the agent , my god what a douchebag.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited

I thought it was relatively obvious that they come from very wealthy socialite families in the area. Being a real estate agent in LA who sells homes in Beverly Hills and Malibu is 95% connections and who you know. Family referrals explains why the youngest was able to sell 80 million dollars of real estate in one year at age 21.

I did see the part where he said his power was out. But seriously, the dude looks like he came from a bad 80s aerobics video. He could've just put on some jeans and a button down shirt.

I don't think I saw that whole episode, as the part where the owner screwed up both deals escaped me.

+1 on the connections part. That kid Josh's grandmother was supposed to be the first person to import polyester into America or some thing like that.

dpw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
I thought the same thing. Except those filthy Algerians were lying about both offers just to spite the agent. I saw it on their faces, they never had any offers especially "slightly over the asking price". And the lines he was giving to the agent , my god what a douchebag.

not just to spite, they wanted to cut him out of the commission.

doubt if they sold at $8m+ either

i bet they are still trying to sell it if they have not lowered the price.

the father was a despicable fellow, wasn't he?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads