• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Andre Yew
Wouldn't that be true to some extent of every scent?
Well you may have lived a richer life than I have. But really, Angel is very distinct, or at least it is to me, and makes a very strong imprint. I can't think of many others that are as strong markers.

garmentmerchant

Reaction score
rach2jlc thanks for the advice. I do need to change it up a bit. Who knows maybe ill even get laid. They wont think there dating there Grandpa
smile.gif

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by garmentmerchant
rach2jlc thanks for the advice. I do need to change it up a bit. Who knows maybe ill even get laid. They wont think there dating there Grandpa
smile.gif

No problem! Definitely check around and never pay retail for mass-market designer scents. www.scentiments.com is a good resource and I've always had good experiences with them. As well, if you live near a TJ Maxx or a Marshall's, they'll sometimes have some good stuff, although they can be a little bit more expensive with less selection than the online discounters. Last time I was there, they had a few you might like... the Escada was $12-20 (for 40ml-75ml sizes), they had 50ml Red for Men for $20, and also Azzaro Pour Homme (a spicey one you might like) for $20. If you aren't near a TJ Maxx and might want to try any of the last two... PM me as I have bottles I'm not using. Good luck and have fun!

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
So after the hoity-toity bruncheon, we went to Lowes and picked up a garage door opener which I then installed, just so I could feel manly again. Afterwards we began negotiations for conjugal relations (I figure she owes me big time for that brunch) and post-shower I am now sporting Ava-Luxe Kama. I'm not as head-over-heels for this one as I once was, but who knows what effect it may have on Mrs. T?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today the air is getting chilly, and by chilly I mean below 80 degrees, so I broke out something different - Isfarkand. I don't think I like this more than Ormonde Man, but OM's lead is dwindling.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by garmentmerchant
two rich for my blood
smile.gif
Old Spice aftershave baby. I would describe it as old and spicy

Originally Posted by rach2jlc
^Oh, come on, we've got to get you trying something new!
smile.gif
If you like something that is classic and a little spicey (and also rather affordable when bought either at a fragrance discounter or online), I'd try Escada Pour Homme, Giorgio Red for Men, Gucci pour Homme (the Tom Ford one), YSL Rive Gauche or YSL M7, Richard James EdT, or Guerlain Heritage. All of them are really quite nice and if you look carefully, probably less than $30!

ORRRRRR...you might also look into Guerlain Vetiver which is cool, classic, and masculine in a freshly-scrubbed way. Also consider John Varvatos which is easily found and appropriate for the cooler weather ahead. Hermes Bel Ami is another winner to consider, as is Chanel Antaeus
inlove.gif

ORRR...you can just skip all that and go right to the fun stuff. Angel. Kindgom. Yatagan. Giorgio for Men.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Borneo 1854 by Serge Lutens

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
ORRRRRR...you might also look into Guerlain Vetiver which is cool, classic, and masculine in a freshly-scrubbed way. Also consider John Varvatos which is easily found and appropriate for the cooler weather ahead. Hermes Bel Ami is another winner to consider, as is Chanel Antaeus
inlove.gif

ORRR...you can just skip all that and go right to the fun stuff. Angel. Kindgom. Yatagan. Giorgio for Men.

I can't believe I forgot Belami! That's a GREAT one. The only reason I didn't recommend Antaeus is because it's hard to find at discount. I was thinking of everything in the $30 or under range, via discounters, which was the only reason Antaeus or Chanel PM didn't make my list.

ANyway, I'm wearing Red Aoud (Montale) today, thanks to a sample from T. It's my fifth or sixth Aoud from Montale and though it's not my favorite (that would be White Aoud or Aoud Queen Roses), I definitely like it.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Comme des Garcons Luxe Patchouli today (another sample from T). It's okay, but I'd never pay what CdG wants for it.

It reminds me WAY too much of two scents I already have/have had... Goutal Sables and Dior Eau Noire. It's much more like the Sables, a little dirtier/smokier, than the Dior which is slightly sweeter... though all three seem to have the infamous "immortelle" note.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
A new scent for me today: Kouros Fraicheur. Arrived in a swap along with the original Kouros and two bottles of more womanly fare, plus samples.

KF is billed as a lighter, fresher Kouros and so far it lives up to its billing, adding a marine/citrus note to the classic and lightening the dull heaviness. This might be good year-round, and so far is a keeper.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Garofano by Lorenzo Villoresi.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today - the classic - YSL Kouros. Heavier and redolent of a recently-used shower. Probably should keep this under wraps for the wintertime, but couldn't resist this morning.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Maharlika
Garofano by Lorenzo Villoresi.

You can never go wrong with LV. I haven't tried Garofano, but I LOVE Musk, Incensi, and of course Piper Nigrum for fall.

For me, Guerlain L'instant PH for me today... I just love this one (of course, I find it's hard for me to dislike Roucel's creations...)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics