• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Favorite Allen Edmonds?

ld111134

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My personal favorites (of the 7 AEs that I own) are the Moras in walnut calf and the black Westgate wholecuts.

CarbonatedTsoda

Reaction score
The Byron in brown (chili? not sure). Classic shoe that has held up very well for me, people are still asking me if they're new weeks after a polish! I'm also partial to my Moras but they have been on occasion been called grandpa shoes
frown.gif

KhalidAZ

Reaction score
Torn between the McClain and the Mora. Would buy both if offered in shell cordovan.
3808.jpg
7008.jpg

TexasLidig8r

Reaction score
What are your thoughts on the Hale in merlot?

Great with navy or gray suits I would think.

OxxfordSJLINY

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KhalidAZ
Torn between the McClain and the Mora. Would buy both if offered in shell cordovan.

3808.jpg

7008.jpg

Just buy the McClain special make up through AE if you want it in shell cordovan leather (black or burgundy only; I very, very strongly recommend that you specify the double oak leather soles).

Whenever I get around to buying the, gulp, Park Avenue special make up through AE, I am ordering it in black shell cordovan leather with the double oak leather soles in size 9.5EEE.
worship2.gif

The Park Avenue and McClain special make up with shell cordovan leather, regardless of soles, is $625. The Mora is discontinued, I am afraid.
frown.gif

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Mora is back on the website as an online exclusive.

KhalidAZ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by OxxfordSJLINY
Just buy the McClain special make up through AE if you want it in shell cordovan leather (black or burgundy only; I very, very strongly recommend that you specify the double oak leather soles).

Whenever I get around to buying the, gulp, Park Avenue special make up through AE, I am ordering it in black shell cordovan leather with the double oak leather soles in size 9.5EEE.
worship2.gif

The Park Avenue and McClain special make up with shell cordovan leather, regardless of soles, is $625. The Mora is discontinued, I am afraid.
frown.gif

The Mora is on the online exclusive - I got the pic of it directly from the AE website.

Can you please explain to me how the special make up works? Forgive my ignorance, but does that imply that you can get any model in shell cordovan on special order?
bigstar[1].gif

Trojanman74

Reaction score
also explain please why the double sole is necessary.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TexasLidig8r
What are your thoughts on the Hale in merlot?

Great with navy or gray suits I would think.

Hale is a nice model,I have one in chili,really nice shoes.But I would go with C&J Belgrave as an alternative,two models are similar but C&J is much sleeker and elegant.AE is still very clunky!

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by greekgeek
^^ Mora is back on the website as an online exclusive.

E-widths only, last I checked.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I wore my second favorite today: Hinsdale in Chestnut
img0571pk0.jpg

OxxfordSJLINY

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KhalidAZ
The Mora is on the online exclusive - I got the pic of it directly from the AE website.

Can you please explain to me how the special make up works? Forgive my ignorance, but does that imply that you can get any model in shell cordovan on special order?
bigstar[1].gif

As soon as I can, I promise I will call and/or email AE regarding how their special make up program works. But yes, you can get shell cordovan leather on any model on special order. That is all I know right now. It is probably best to do this at a trunk show as there may or may not be a bit of a discount (I don't know for sure about the discount at the trunk show, unfortunately).

OxxfordSJLINY

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trojanman74
also explain please why the double sole is necessary.

It is simply my preference. But it does look the best as it has less rubber and more leather at the bottom of the shoe (which, apparently these forums strongly favor, for the most part, anyway).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads