• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hail to the Redskins! (2008)

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Yeah, so that was a disappointing season opener/Saucemaster birthday present.

Originally Posted by Thracozaag
*cough*
Iggles

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

horndog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Snyder is the main problem for the team. He's an idiot about football who only surrounds himself with Yes Men. We should have kept Saunders and Williams instead of bringing in an entirely new coaching staff to even further stifle Campbell's development. Not to mention I completely disagree with giving the Head Coach job to a QB coach (Saunders / Williams probably got fed up with Snyder's incompetence though). I don't think Campbell's a Brady, Manning, Romo, etc, but the kid needs some damn consistency in his offenses.

Anyway, I always thought Zorn was just a placeholder for Cowher next year.

If the team starts clicking, I think it can go well... A west coast offense is pretty exciting for those of us acclimated to and bored of the Gibbs' Run Run Run Pass offense. We've got weapons, they're just not coordinating correctly. But that takes time and I'm afraid this season will be tough to watch.

Sprezzatura2010

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.
And poorly coached. Snyder is an idiot. Karma is real.
No question about Dannyboy, but didn't a certain JOE GIBBS lose his first bunch of games, too? (First go around. Though in his second tour he did take them to the playoffs 2x as often as Norv Turner, Terry Robiskie, Marty Schottenheimer, and Steve Spurrier combined. So can't call it a complete failure.) Zorn either has it or he doesn't. Nobody knows yet.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I can't believe how bad the Seahawks looked today. Seriously. I understand that we are decimated by injuries, and that Hasselbeck is throwing to people he's never even thrown to (even in training camp, except for the first week and maybe minicamps) and that he's battling both rust and a sore back. But our O-line looked like crap again, after the additions, new coaching staff, and etc. Our running game looked like crap after all the additions and changes we've made (though our most talented and explosive runner was not even used today) I'm trying to be optimistic and know that things will get better. Maybe we should have started Seneca Wallace at QB today - since he's taken the most snaps with this WR corps (and also brings extreme mobility and athleticism to the game)

I'm depressed enough as it is without my team flying all the way across the country to play like ****.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Zorn is a fast learner and good people. I would expect to see a completely different gameplan from the 'skins next week.

Sprezzatura2010

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Zorn is a fast learner and good people. I would expect to see a completely different gameplan from the 'skins next week.

I think a simple hurry-up package would be nice first.

How 'bout those Falcons, too? True, they probably played the third best football team in Michigan after the U of M and MSU, but still. Be interesting to see how they fare against professional teams.

garmentmerchant

Reaction score
I am a Marylander and although the Baltimore Ravens suck again I can never bring my self to cheer for the Deadskins. The ravens did beat the Cincinatti Bengals I thought for sure they were going to loose, but then again it is the Bengals

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
E A G L E S etc.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I know it was just St. Louis, but that was complete domination. And DeSean Jackson (go Bears!) looked great.

In other news, despite loving to hate the Patriots, I find myself conflicted in my feelings about this Brady injury. I think I'm going soft in my old age.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yawn...Cowboys will dominate the East again this year. Get back to me when the Eagles dominate a contender.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Yawn...Cowboys will dominate the East again this year. Get back to me when the Eagles dominate a contender.

So, next Tuesday morning, then?
devil.gif

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
So, next Tuesday morning, then?
devil.gif

You're on, tough guy!!!!

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles

Do the 'Boys have the character?

An awful loy of dumb penalties yesterday.

And Cleveland didn't look any better than the Rams.

horndog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There were enough upsets this weekend that I'm not sure any of the games mean much in the long term. Heck, remember the Giants last year being ESPN's worst team in the NFL after going 0-2? And they ended up Super Bowl champs.

Bears beat Colts
Titans beat Jags
Panthers beat Chargers
Bills destroy Seahawks

And then the Browns' explosive offense (Anderson, Edwards, Winslow) does nothing
The Falcons murder the Lions (ok, bottom of the barrel but its the Falcons..)
Houston getting decimated by Pittsburgh. Houstons supposed to be a competitive team this year.

I dunno, other than the Brady injury I think its way too early to pass judgment on any team. Even though my beloved 'Skins look terrible, I have enough blind faith to wait and see.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.
Do the 'Boys have the character?

An awful loy of dumb penalties yesterday.

And Cleveland didn't look any better than the Rams.

I am not by any means saying the Cowboys will win a playoff game. That they still need to prove. All I'm saying is that they will steamroll through the regular season and probably rack up 12-13 wins again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads