• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
kwik

sorry to hear that. sometimes, people are assholes.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS
Exactly - if you're ethical about it, then you're dad being in the same company makes the "rules of engagement" so much more difficult. But you can't tie your hands behind your back and thus do yourself a disservice by over-compensating for your father's presence in the company.
Yep. Hard to walk that thin line, but he's given me some fatherly advice about what to do moving forward.

Originally Posted by globetrotter
kwik

sorry to hear that. sometimes, people are assholes.

That they are. I'll get my money sooner or later though. If this letter doesn't do anything, then the Board of Labor will.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today I saw an individual who could be charitably described as looking like a pudgy but ethnic Joan Crawford impersonator on day-off; he was carrying a woman's logoed Gucci shoulder/messenger bag.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I had a bunch of things earlier, but I can barely remember now.

Oh yeah, the fact that the Red Hot Crap peppers are still alive and now making dentist office music, and used to rule (in my 14 year old opinion), and the fact that certain places where I'm forced to eat when the good places close "after lunch" play such dentist office garbage, and stuff even worse than the aforementioned, mostly to annoy people out of sticking around and getting too many refills of Pepsi.

Oh yeah, and Pepsi in general. That's some Commie fake garbage cola. Who serves that junk.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Oh yeah, and Pepsi in general. That's some Commie fake garbage cola. Who serves that junk.

I remember as a kid all the cheap, no-name, ghetto colas tasted like Pepsi.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I remember as a kid all the cheap, no-name, ghetto colas tasted like Pepsi.

I gave up on the carbonated stuff not too long ago - now it's water, beer, or iced tea. Or a margarita if it's happy hour. Funny that places that would have twenty different beers and ten tequilas would only have one choice of cola, though.

Oh...here's one. My weekend is largely spoken-for. I'm headed somewhere this evening - committed to this event by Mrs. Thomas, and then tomorrow brunch - again, people I don't know. It may turn out well, and these are decent people, but the idea that I've just had my weekend scheduled, planned, and read to me - well, that puts a burr under my saddle.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Oh...here's one. My weekend is largely spoken-for. I'm headed somewhere this evening - committed to this event by Mrs. Thomas, and then tomorrow brunch - again, people I don't know. It may turn out well, and these are decent people, but the idea that I've just had my weekend scheduled, planned, and read to me - well, that puts a burr under my saddle.

Welcome to my world. My wife always, I mean ALWAYS does stuff like this. However, she turns around and then bitches about how she is the one who has to come up with the plans. I just stare at her blankly - I gave up arguing with her about this a long time ago. She has strong opinions about particular restaurant and certain types of food, so I let her choose since she's made herself the rate-limiting step in planning our itineraries.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to my world. My wife always, I mean ALWAYS does stuff like this. However, she turns around and then bitches about how she is the one who has to come up with the plans. I just stare at her blankly - I gave up arguing with her about this a long time ago. She has strong opinions about particular restaurant and certain types of food, so I let her choose since she's made herself the rate-limiting step in planning our itineraries.

Oh, holy cow. I actually used those words (rate-limiting step) when discussing dinner last night, and how she is more finicky than I am. Take Tex-Mex, (last night's dinner). For me - if the cerveza's cold I am good. She however has to have thin tortilla chips, the queso has to be tasty but not spicy, and they have to offer small portions. At least 20 Tex-Mex places within 5 miles of the casa, and the only one that measures up is 40 miles away.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh, holy cow. I actually used those words (rate-limiting step) when discussing dinner last night, and how she is more finicky than I am. Take Tex-Mex, (last night's dinner). For me - if the cerveza's cold I am good. She however has to have thin tortilla chips, the queso has to be tasty but not spicy, and they have to offer small portions. At least 20 Tex-Mex places within 5 miles of the casa, and the only one that measures up is 40 miles away.

Lord, yes. I have a similar experience with mine, except that her pickiness often gravitates towards trashier stuff. It's very frustrating.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Lord, yes. I have a similar experience with mine, except that her pickiness often gravitates towards trashier stuff. It's very frustrating.

I feel your pain. Please tell me fast food doesn't factor into this anywhere.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
I had a bunch of things earlier, but I can barely remember now.

Oh yeah, the fact that the Red Hot Crap peppers are still alive and now making dentist office music, and used to rule (in my 14 year old opinion), and the fact that certain places where I'm forced to eat when the good places close "after lunch" play such dentist office garbage, and stuff even worse than the aforementioned, mostly to annoy people out of sticking around and getting too many refills of Pepsi.

I never could quite get the whole RHCP thing. I mean, their music sucks, their whole persona was gimicky, and that lead singer just struck me as King Douchebag.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I feel your pain. Please tell me fast food doesn't factor into this anywhere.

Taco Bell.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Taco Bell.

eek.gif
uhoh.gif
cry.gif
censored.gif
cloud.gif
crazy.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Taco Bell sounded good once. In college. At 2 a.m. Drunk out of my tiny mind.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Taco Bell.

eek.gif
uhoh.gif
cry.gif
censored.gif
cloud.gif
crazy.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Taco Bell sounded good once. In college. At 2 a.m. Drunk out of my tiny mind.

Why, you ask? Because of the hot sauce.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got caught in the rain storm and I now look like a wet ******* dog. I mean, what else is new? It still pusses me off though.
cloud.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads