• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
^^ a lot of people like Angel, nothing embarrassing about that. The thing is: it's a men's scent all girlied up, and Angel and Lolita Lempicka both cross genders very easily.

Other than that - solid choices.

So I was less brave than I thought I was when I got Angel and Chanel Pour Monsieur last night before reading this.
rotflmao.gif
Not very many choices around here for some of the others I wanted to try.

--Andre

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Andre Yew
So I was less brave than I thought I was when I got Angel and Chanel Pour Monsieur last night before reading this.
rotflmao.gif

--Andre

Well, I recall hearing somewhere that a lot of strippers wear Angel, so you might be quite the brave little exhibitionist.
laugh.gif

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dior Homme!

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Body Kouros (YSL) for me today; haven't worn this one in a long time and I'd forgotten how nice the drydown on it is...

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(At home) Creed Fleurs de The Rose Bulgare.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
New West. I'd like to use up this bottle in the next year or ten.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Sunday - we went to brunch with some colleagues of Mrs. Thomas's I had the vague impression it would be a somewhat seedy sort of place, but it was more like a tea-room in appearance and manner. The food was quite good, the companions were convivial (I was the only male at the table), and I wish I had shaven this morning and worn something other than Kingdom.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^I'll bet you made quite the impression, T... all stink and roses. :0

Anyway, the talk about Angel yesterday got me searching through "the box" and I realized I have a small bottle in there. So, I'm wearing that today... I really like it and can see why it is such a big "hit:" the fresh, citrus-y top notes make it wearable in warmer weather, but the heavier, deepier "Food" notes (the vanilla, chocolate, etc.) also make it interesting when it gets cooler. I still like Fresh Cannabis Santal much better, but amongst mainstream scents, this one is still pretty good.

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been wearing L'Artisan Parfumeur's MÃ
00a9.png
chant Loup pretty much every day for the last month at least. I just don't get tired of it.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Andre Yew
rotflmao.gif

--Andre

The problem with Angel is it is very distinctive and it is hard to disassociate it from particular people. It is not helpful when your wife is only one of the people you know who wear it.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
The problem with Angel is it is very distinctive and it is hard to disassociate it from particular people. It is not helpful when your wife is only one of the people you know who wear it.

Wouldn't that be true to some extent of every scent?

Originally Posted by Thomas
Well, I recall hearing somewhere that a lot of strippers wear Angel, so you might be quite the brave little exhibitionist.
laugh.gif

Argh. You've exposed me! (As opposed to me exposing me.)

--Andre

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^Definitely give Fresh Cannabis Santal a try. It has the sweet/sugary/foody goodness of angel with a slightly more refined/classy edge. And, it will perhaps gets away from some of the "associative" properties of Angel.

Funny story about that, though... in college, there was a little French guy who lived down the hall who was the most revolting human being I've ever met (in terms of personality, outdated opinions/bigotry, physical appearance, and personal hygiene). He also wore Guerlain's Habit Rouge and now anytime somebody is wearing it, I think of him and it turns my nose. It's sad, too, because HR is a brilliant scent and an absolute classic. I just can't get away from the association with him and so can't stand the smell!

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^Oh, come on, we've got to get you trying something new!
smile.gif
If you like something that is classic and a little spicey (and also rather affordable when bought either at a fragrance discounter or online), I'd try Escada Pour Homme, Giorgio Red for Men, Gucci pour Homme (the Tom Ford one), YSL Rive Gauche or YSL M7, Richard James EdT, or Guerlain Heritage. All of them are really quite nice and if you look carefully, probably less than $30!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads