• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

fashunhor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrjosh
Which of these two jackets do you like more?

23.jpg

(Nom de Guerre - it's not actually leather, but is coated cotton which is supposed to 'crack and wear' with age.)

00180m.jpg

(Shipley and Halmos.)

I am not familiar with these brands but the second one looks like it is better quality and the fit looks better imho.

foxxy

Reaction score
Hey, guys I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get this French Connection Leather Jacket that was featured in GQ.

GQfashion1v.jpg

00005f.jpg

I live in the UK and the stores here do not seem to have it (even though its a UK brand :/). Emailing French Connection themselves also hasn't helped as they never replied. Apparently it is available in the US stores, but its not in their online store.

Thanks

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sold out at their online shop sometime in summer, right before that article was posted online. The Gap leather coat that's featured in the same article is availible. Somewhat similar design/ quality, biggest differnce being lack of knit cuffs and zipper flap.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I just bought a pair of raw LVC 1947 501xx's from cultizm. I also just learned that the xx signified STF, not just raw. My true waist size is 31 and my inseam is 32", I bought the 32/36 thinking the waist would shrink 1-2" and the inseam would shrink about 3.5". Did I **** up? Will I never be able to get these wet, or risk not getting back into them?

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ You did alrite. The inseam is fine. As for the waist, if I were to buy them for myself today, I'd size up 2 in the waist. But then again, you seemed to prefer slimmer fits.

To prevent excessive shrinking, just wear them in the bathtub. It's old-school cool.
wink.gif

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crosswound
have you tried to actually add any of the shirts in small? it tells you they are out of stock in fact most of the colors besides the brownish one.

the first place i did see was zappos and i was excited for nothing because they only had the brownish color size small in stock.

When you bring up the page, at the top click 'zappos classic'. It'll bring you back to the homepage, search again, and it should bring you to the classic zappos. You'll be able to add the sizes to your cart. If I remember right, they should have almost everything in size small. I have a solid blue one, and just picked up a maroon with black and white tipping.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
^ You did alrite. The inseam is fine. As for the waist, if I were to buy them for myself today, I'd size up 2 in the waist. But then again, you seemed to prefer slimmer fits.

To prevent excessive shrinking, just wear them in the bathtub. It's old-school cool.
wink.gif

Thanks, that's good to hear. I don't like anti-fit, so it will hopefully turn out alright. I don't have a bathtub however, would it be alright to wear them in the shower without the water removing too much indigo?

foxxy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by erdawe
Sold out at their online shop sometime in summer, right before that article was posted online. The Gap leather coat that's featured in the same article is availible. Somewhat similar design/ quality, biggest differnce being lack of knit cuffs and zipper flap.

You sure about that? Hmm thats strange, a guy on another forum seemed to think that it was part of the winter collection and will be put on the US website soon. I emailed FCUK US and they told me it was available in a few stores, guess I might have to get a relative to buy it or something - i'm not really feeling that GAP Jacket.

Although I love this beautiful bomber jacket by Z Zenga from the same article, anyone know where to get a cheaper, similar version (its way out of my price range)?
00012f.jpg

blah23

Reaction score
So my friend gave me a pair of raw evisu jeans, that I'm pretty sure are fake. Obviously the quality of denim will be lower, but can I still wear in the raw denim and get a good look? Or is the difference between real and fake so big that they will just look like **** and is not worth my time?

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
When you bring up the page, at the top click 'zappos classic'. It'll bring you back to the homepage, search again, and it should bring you to the classic zappos. You'll be able to add the sizes to your cart. If I remember right, they should have almost everything in size small. I have a solid blue one, and just picked up a maroon with black and white tipping.

that did help but the ones i wanted twin tipped are out of stock. thanks for the quick replies and help.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crosswound
that did help but the ones i wanted twin tipped are out of stock. thanks for the quick replies and help.

Oh that's too bad =/ You can always call Zappos and ask when they're going to restock. If they can't give you an answer right away, they'll send an e-mail to the buyers and will get back to you in a few days. You can also do this to request specific items~!

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is a navy peacoat too dressy to wear with denim and some canvas shoes? been considering buying a cheaper peacoat from topman or maybe BR of they will have one this year.

lilpin0y

Reaction score
What size APC New Standards should i get?
I currently wear a size 30 in http://www.matixclothing.com/product...all_08/ashers/ which is a slim fit low waist.
I also wear a size 32 in kr3w k slims becuase 30 is waaay too tight in the thighs.
Im guessing my true size is 31.
If i'm buying APC New standards, should i get a size 29? I would like it to stretch around the thighs but still have a small leg opening. Is the 29 the pair im looking for?

buttonman

Reaction score
is there a real difference in cut between the different peacoats at sterlingwear or will they all relatively fit the same

the only difference that i can tell from their website is the weight and details in design on the peacoat, not the peacoat itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads