• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post your five favorite bands and I will mock and generalize you.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These can change really at any time:

Outkast
The Roots
Stevie Wonder
Led Zeppelin
The Stooges

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
BoO oxford: $250 bucks Acne Mics: $275 bucks Alden Boots :$450 bucks Paying a fortune to dress the exact same as you did when you were a mopey shlub in high school: priceless Protip: Scene girls that sweat The Mars Volta don't care that you saw them when they were still in "an awesome underground band." Stick with girls your own age, buddy.
Hahaha what the hell? That is how I dress, although not those same labels but the silhouette and type of clothing.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The things getting the most play on my iPhone-

M.I.A.
LCD Soundsystem
ELO
Bob Dylan
The Kinks

Joshua Arson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
But big brother liked them pre-"Float On." Its the Moon and Antartica tour shirt so it's totally hip! WOOWW INDIE ROCK LOL!!!111!!.

Hey as long as big brother gets me some indie girl tail, I could give a ****.

Deluks917

Reaction score
1. The Beatles
2. Modest Mouse

(note all non-Beatles, non-Modest and non-Mouse based bands inherently suck)

3. The Pixies
4. The Knife
5. Pink Floyd

Nirvana should be on here even though I already established that they suck; so should Deadmau5.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm game for round 2 here. BG actually wasn't that mean the first time around.
frown.gif
Radiohead Bjork John Coltrane Spoon Weather Report

cheekychops

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pennglock
80s version:

The Minutemen
The Pixies
The Replacements
The Talking Heads
New Order

that's what i call a cool list. I think i'd probably replace The Pixies with Marah though

X-It

Reaction score
Björk
Evanescence
Genesis
Hooverphonic
Kaiser Chesse

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Next up for some abuse: Tin Machine Public Enemy Midnight Oil Husker Du Frank Black & the Catholics
You have a ****** old couch that you can't bring yourself to throw out - not because of nostalgia, but because there's probably a good ounce of decent weed all lost in the cushions and ****.
Originally Posted by Nil
These can change really at any time: Outkast The Roots Stevie Wonder Led Zeppelin The Stooges
Old playlists from KCRW Sounds Eclectic aren't allowed to play. Rule: NPR programming for rich, white, California soccer moms is not allowed to be called "eclectic."
Originally Posted by Baron
The things getting the most play on my iPhone- M.I.A. LCD Soundsystem ELO Bob Dylan The Kinks
Other things on your iPhone: Tetris, a map of every Starbucks in the area, The Sartre Reader eBook (Unread), and like a gig of MMF threesome Appreciation.
Originally Posted by Deluks917
1. The Beatles 2. Modest Mouse (note all non-Beatles, non-Modest and non-Mouse based bands inherently suck) 3. The Pixies 4. The Knife 5. Pink Floyd Nirvana should be on here even though I already established that they suck; so should Deadmau5.
You're the kind of prick that orders a croissant, but insists on pronouncing it like "KHWUUSSSAAANNHHH" while you grin creepily at a pretty cashier 15 years your junior. Protip: real music snobs don't literally pick the most exposed over-exposed band in the entire ******* world and say other bands suck - the goal is to seem better then the uncouth masses.
Originally Posted by Brian278
I'm game for round 2 here. BG actually wasn't that mean the first time around.
frown.gif
Radiohead Bjork John Coltrane Spoon Weather Report

Your macbook has a weird discolored area where you put a Coachella sticker on but then took it off like a day later because you were worried it looked like "You were trying to hard." (you were)
Originally Posted by X-It
Björk Evanescence Genesis Hooverphonic Kaiser Chesse
I actually don't have anything bad to say. I'm just really impressed that as an evanescence fan you can handle basic computer functions. What the **** is a Kaiser Chesse though? Is that like the Swiss Kaiser Chiefs?
Originally Posted by Johnny Amiga
Bruce Springsteen Mission Of Burma Scott Walker El-p Fugazi
You picked a Punk band that doesn't do drugs and drink, a white rapper, a senile child star, a hardcore band named after a godamn church and a pinko commie Americana icon. Your life must be so rife with contradiction I can only assume you are wearing women's underwear (including a bra) right now.

Zandros

Reaction score
Tool
Coheed and Cambria
Collide
Rihanna
UNKLE

/Adrian

Diem

Reaction score
Tool
a Perfect Circle
Van Morrison
Simon and Garfunkel
Lupe Fiasco

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mobb Deep
Uncle Murder
Papoose
Kain
Capone & Noreaga

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Zandros
Tool Coheed and Cambria Collide Rihanna UNKLE /Adrian
You dye your hair pitch black and use obscene amounts of gel to have one of those godawful anime character haircuts. You have a wallet with a chain, which isn't really necessary because no one wants to steal 4 bucks and an employee discount card for Sam Goody.
Originally Posted by Diem
Tool a Perfect Circle Van Morrison Simon and Garfunkel Lupe Fiasco
You are on a first name basis with the bartender at a Drum 'n Bass club with a marsupialed name like ROXXX. Sometimes you wear a sleeveless black hoodie.
Originally Posted by theyare
Wu-tang clan Guns N Roses Jurassic 5 OAR Foo Fighters
You work with your hands.
Originally Posted by jpeirpont
Mobb Deep Uncle Murder Papoose Kain Capone & Noreaga
You don't actually need to keep a glock in your car when you work in IT Jpeirpoint. Also it must really suck that people keep thinking your "Geto boys" tattoo is spelled wrong. Protip: I don't care how good Papoose is, being a rapper named after baby swaddling is ******* stupid.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads