• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Still haven't seen the Dark Knight, but this leads me to an idea I'm surprised I never thought of before... I'm going to start bringing a flask to any movie I'm not sure about (though I rarely go if I fear I may be disappointed) so at least if the movie really blows, I can still be productive from that point of realization until such time as I can leave. I hate sitting through bad movies, especially ones where I'm supposed to be quiet and not openly and loudly rip on them.

Sounds like a baaad combination.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS
Sounds like a baaad combination.
You've never heard me rip on movies.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Still haven't seen the Dark Knight, but this leads me to an idea I'm surprised I never thought of before... I'm going to start bringing a flask to any movie I'm not sure about (though I rarely go if I fear I may be disappointed) so at least if the movie really blows, I can still be productive from that point of realization until such time as I can leave. I hate sitting through bad movies, especially ones where I'm supposed to be quiet and not openly and loudly rip on them.

Dude, you're just coming up with this now? I used to throw a pint flask of vodka in my back pocket whenever we were going to see a movie. My drink at the time was vodka & soda, and the workers at the concession stand could never understand why someone just wanted a large soda water instead of a sprite or coke.

My roommate used to try and smuggle beers in his coat pockets. The swigging from bottles becomes pretty obvious though, and every once in a while he would knock over an empty which would go rolling down the sloped theater floor.

K

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
went to orientation for my daughters new pre-school, and there was one of the mothers who insisted on telling the whole group about how much she hates juice. yes, juice - she feels that juice is the source of all evil and that we shouldn't let our kids have it. now, frankly, we don't give our kids juice (I actually sort of agree with her) but we don't go around telling people about it at every ******* opportunity. so she probrably spent more time talking about juice than the teachers spent talking about everythign else together. get a ******* life.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by warlok1965
The men's room stinks. Some idiot keeps spitting his gumwads into the urinal which eventually get stuck downstream and cause a nasty rotten pee smell to emanate.

I've been sick for two weeks. Bad cough....my voice is so deep and husky I sound like an easy listening FM DJ. And I have to play guitar and sing backup for a two hour set this Saturday. And I'm supposed to practice singing with the band every night this week.

My car ipod adapter doesn't charge the new iPhone 3G.

I haven't been exercising lately plus I've been eating like crap.

My wife's parents' marriage is on the skids.

That is all.

Sounds like your life is going swimmingly, good luck with that..

Seriously though, in the realm of SFerly advice, track down Fishermen's Friend throat lozenges, they work wonders..

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Back at work today, in the dirty South, after a short vacation, not in the south. The humidity blasted me when I stepped out of the airport. I wanted to turn around and flee back into the safety of the airport.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Back at work today, in the dirty South, after a short vacation, not in the south. The humidity blasted me when I stepped out of the airport. I wanted to turn around and flee back into the safety of the airport.
In all seriousness that is one of the worst feelings in the world. Getting hit with a wall of humid air makes me feel like I'm slowly suffocating.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It gets better. The forecast this morning shows 90s as far as the eye can see, topped off with yet another ozone alert timed to coincide with my post-work 5k run.

Methinks it is time to consider relocating back north.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
It gets better. The forecast this morning shows 90s as far as the eye can see, topped off with yet another ozone alert timed to coincide with my post-work 5k run. Methinks it is time to consider relocating back north.
Blech. I will never live in the South.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two girls in the last week have asked me how many more years of high school I have left...I'm in my ******* 4th year of university.
frown.gif

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
Two girls in the last week have asked me how many more years of high school I have left...I'm in my ******* 4th year of university.
frown.gif

Stop shaving.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
Stop shaving.

This is one of the few times when it sucks to be Asian.
frown.gif

edit: I knew Stazy's not Asian, dude just looks like one. :p

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
Stop shaving.
I'm not very good at growing facial hair. That being said, I'm going to participate in no shave november
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Originally Posted by whacked
This is one of the few times when it sucks to be Asian.
frown.gif
edit: I knew Stazy's not Asian, dude just looks like one. :p

Hahah no one has ever said I look Asian before.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
I'm not very good at growing facial hair. That being said, I'm going to participate in no shave november
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Me too. I get to look all scruffy and when my teachers tell me to shave, I can say it's for charity.
teacha.gif

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Blech. I will never live in the South.

On the plus side, there is a likelihood, albeit small, that I will share an elevator with Fran. If I were to live in NYC for example, the best I could hope for would be edmorel or Jerry Sienfeld.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads