• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Manhattan Sales Alert!!

Urban Warrior

Reaction score
Nothing additional off of suits today, green tag 50% everything else 30% shoes 50% etc... Many people working said this years sale was really slow and the reductions would not be any better tomorrow, but who knows I have heard that in the past and things still get a bit better...

GiltGroupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Barneys Warehouse sale this year was my least favorite in the several years that I've gone.

What was interesting is that there was some merchandise there that was about 3 years old...

Wvillager

Reaction score
I went mid-afternoon. Suits were still 30%/50%. Clearly today in all categories bargains could only be found misclassified in sizes, so it was up to you to spend the time looking. I bought a varvatos star usa suit (40r, sitting in the 44r section of course) for $350 which is not a terribly good deal but I like the fit.

Re: 3-year-old merchandise, I don't know the seasons for varvatos but the one I bought was clearly a season older than the ones currently flooding c21 for $500.

mfadam

Reaction score
as of 2PM or so it was still 30% off suits and 50% off green tags. Curious if they did any end of day additional discounts??

It was a zoo today, lines were around an hour...

envoy8

Reaction score
Very depressing. I went Friday and saw some things that I wanted and planned on buying (Isaia suit, Canali slacks, Barney's brand overcoat) them assuming that the discount went to 65 or 70% as it has in past years. The discount was the same as Friday.

If the sale was slow, one would thing they would increase the discount?

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
where is this warehouse sale?
also anything else i should check out while im town this weekend.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that sucks. i live down south so i just need summer stuff.... fall/winter isnt applicable to me
smile.gif
btw is there any stores that sell rag and bone in nyc? is that store they were opening up, open yet? http://chichi212.com/2008/07/25/rag-...-to-manhattan/

akaidiot

Reaction score
Originally Posted by spacemanvt
that sucks. i live down south so i just need summer stuff.... fall/winter isnt applicable to me
smile.gif

btw is there any stores that sell rag and bone in nyc? is that store they were opening up, open yet?

http://chichi212.com/2008/07/25/rag-...-to-manhattan/

Yup, supposedly it opened this past weekend, at least according to racked.com

armada

Reaction score
last time I went to n.y. I was so impressed. the sale are asome.... Here in montreal, canada sutff in sale is about 20% off from regular

Wvillager

Reaction score
yeah the r&b is almost directly across the street from my place. It has been open for a week although I haven't been in to check it out. Funny it went from empty space to open in about 2 weeks-- definitely not a "fake" un-made look.

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was at the Union Square Filene's last night - some very good prices on Malo knits and Brioni shirts. Also, some miscellaneous stuff from Mario's. The knits were a good mix of very light weight cottons, silks, wools, or blends in a variety of s/s and l/s styles. Almost picked up an $80.00 spring and early fall weight long sleeve polo in a very nice 100% wool. Extremely light. Just a tad too tight.

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Filenes at 79th & Broadway has a bunch of Brioni stuff in, including a few suits, pants, shirts, ties, and odd jackets. There are also a bunch of Canali shirts and ties.

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Santoni - Finest Quality Footwear For Men & Women

Santoni footwear for men and women is renowned throughout the world for its exceptional beauty and craftsmanship. Each pair of shoes is crafted in the authentic Italian tradition of shoe making. Women's shoes can be found from $99.99-$299.99. Selections include boots, loafers, sandals, and more. Handmade shoes for men are $399.99-$499.99 and semi-handmade shoes will be $159.99-$249.99.
Event Begins: \t9/14/2008
Event Ends: \t9/14/2008
Event Times: \tSunday Only 11am-4pm
(btwn 70th & 71st St)
New York, NY 10021
(212) 794-3820
Payment Types: \tCash//MC/VISA/AMEX - No Checks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads