• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA EG Chelsa & Sandringham @ kurt geiger (UK only) DEEPdiscount

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
That's awesome. Swan's neck stretch made me think of iammatt's remark that the 82 last has a bit of the look of a broken swan's neck when looked at from straight above.

I think the "new" blurb in the Japanese magazines is simply to denote that the current Chelsea is a redesign featuring the swan's neck stitching. The "old" Chelsea on some of the Japanese websites does not have that distinctive swan's neck design.

Just a theory. Like evolution.

r_fine

Reaction score
Just saw this thread today. How could I have missed it?

FWIW: KG confirmed to me that they will not ship internationally, but referred me to Harrods in London. They have these on the same offer @175 GBP plus shipping. Harrods ship internationally.

At least for what I was after, they also seem to have some of the sizes that have sold out from the KG website. I got a pair of Chelseas in dark red (said to be very brownish) in size 8.5 today.

Their number is +44 207 730 1234

Hope this might help someone.

Haemus

Reaction score
Observing the tenets of undisputable shoe deity on SF, as well as feeling the good vibes of somewhat unexpected ownership of dark green and navy EG Chelseas for KG I'd say:
Holdfast, thank you Sir. By power of proxy you showered the world with moth watering oxfords (and maybe derbies, too).
No less important is to extend my gratitude to original poster and say: "˜speedster.8, thank you Sir'. Without OP there would have been neither 168+ thread, nor "˜bustle in the hedgerow' adequate to EG stature.

Haemus

Reaction score
seemingly 'moth'
uhoh.gif
and 'mouth watering' belong to this forum hopefully in varying degrees. at least spellchecker decided so, while I certainly meant the latter.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
photo1-vi.jpg

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that's the blue color? looks black from afar, but very nice

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuitingStyle

It's Wine. I didn't have the guts to go for Navy, but I kind of wish I'd gotten both.

They look pretty black in most lighting, and the backlighting in that shot doesn't help.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuitingStyle

THANKS OP and Holdfast...i got the first pair, navy!!!!
It does look black, but its a blue when the light hits it. Its a beautiful color.
Grim, how does the shoe fit (for size)?

Regards.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shikar
It does look black, but its a blue when the light hits it. Its a beautiful color.
Grim, how does the shoe fit (for size)?

Regards.

Sizing is great, I think, but these double soles are some stiff.

I already had a pair of EGs on the 202 in the same size, so I was in the fortunate position of knowing exactly what I needed. The other pair fits beautifully, and I have no reason to believe, so far, that these will be any different.

EDIT: I should add that I just threw some cream polish on these after conditioning them yesterday, so that has probably darkened them a bit.

Leaveitothexperts

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Sizing is great, I think, but these double soles are some stiff.

I already had a pair of EGs on the 202 in the same size, so I was in the fortunate position of knowing exactly what I needed. The other pair fits beautifully, and I have no reason to believe, so far, that these will be any different.

Do you have any C&J on 337s? If so did you get half size up from your C&J size?

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too bad that I am late.
KG still have my size but I don't know anyone to do proxy.
It is really "mouth watering"!

Leaveitothexperts

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fishball
Too bad that I am late.
KG still have my size but I don't know anyone to do proxy.
It is really "mouth watering"!

Then call Harrod's . . .
smile.gif

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Leaveitothexperts
Do you have any C&J on 337s? If so did you get half size up from your C&J size?

I have the Benton, the Sheldon, the Redding--all bought from PRL though, and PRL doesn't carry a 12.5 (US). So I suspect that, if I could get them, 12 (UK) in the 337 would fit me a bit better than the 12 (US) that I've got, all of which are kind of snug.

So I can't say, on the basis of my experience, that one should size up between the two. Also, I've never tried on a 202 in an 11.5 (UK), so that's no help either. I have a pair of Whitehalls on the 330 last in an 11.5, and they fit.

I know I'm not much help, but my sizing adventures are epic, and I really wouldn't conclude anything from my experience.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Leaveitothexperts
Then call Harrod's . . .
smile.gif

Please stop reminding me of this possibility....
blush.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics