• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mytailorstore.com

gian

Reaction score
Being 21 and having a very limited budget really sucks when you have the sartorial flu, trust me, especially being a member here, you guys have me jealous with all the expensive clothes you buy... Having said this, i recently found myself needing a black suit for a party i am attending, now i do not usually wear black, i am quite fond of the navy and grey variety, but the invitation was clear.. black suits only for men, and black dresses for the ladies. This put me in a predicament, i do want to have a suit that fits me well, but i do not want to spend much money on it, as i will only probably wear this once. You guessed it, i turned to online tailoring. I knew everyone was going to be wearing black suits at this party and it being a 21st it would be quite a young crowd, so i wanted 2 things from the suit, i wanted it to be different from the sea of black suits, and i wanted it to fit well. things that will make it look different *wide peak lapels in a sea of notch lapels *nipped waist *hacking pockets (sethi's idea not mine) *its a 3 piece suit *single vent *gold paisley lining *higher cut arm holes Sethi, my contact from the site was very helpful, he even gave me a call on several occasions. I also requested it to be here by sept 11. He assured me that it could be done, and i asked for photos on the progress of the suit. Here are those photos, it is not finished yet, but its pretty close. What do you guys think? heres the vest: and here's a shirt i got made as well: i'm so far happy with everything. its been good communication, excellent service, they speak perfect english. they're open to suggestions, this suit is obviously a design we had to talk about, it was not in their list of styles. ill send more pics when it arrives here to see if it fits.

Shraka

Reaction score
Hard to tell if it will fit, but looks good so far. Nice to hear you're going for peak lapel to show up those notch lapel guys.
wink.gif

gian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shraka
Hard to tell if it will fit, but looks good so far. Nice to hear you're going for peak lapel to show up those notch lapel guys.
wink.gif

yeah ive got my fingers crossed on the fit, but i was going for a slim fit without restricting too much movement hence the high arm holes.. i just hope i can get it on.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Id not seen this particular website before; the way of choosing styles looks similar to ravistailor.com/mycustomtailor.com, but yet all the images of the shirt collar/cuff styles seem to identical to those used at mytailor.com. They appear to be based in Phuket though, whereas ravistailor is based in Bangkok and I think mytailor is based in Hong Kong?

Will be interesting to see how it fits on you...

gian

Reaction score
i myself am a bit worried, since i actually did measure myself and sent off all these measurements... because i was working with a short time frame (i needed a suit within a 2 week period).. then my gf came and we measured just to check, and i think i got a couple of things wrong.. but not by too much so i just left it.. i am a very short and skinny guy tho.. so i hope it fits..

highball

Reaction score
Gian,

Curious how much you paid, if you don't mind my asking.

Definitely post fit pictures when you have it in the flesh.

gian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by highball
Gian,

Curious how much you paid, if you don't mind my asking.

Definitely post fit pictures when you have it in the flesh.

not at all... $290 USD including the lining and the vest
is this too much? the material is wool blend herringbone.. and the lining is silk

mdg137

Reaction score
Just a suggestion, next time try a bemberg lining-- silk tends to hold in heat.

Love the peak lapels.

gian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mdg137
Just a suggestion, next time try a bemberg lining-- silk tends to hold in heat.

Love the peak lapels.

i will try that next time, thanks for the advise

gian

Reaction score
they are sending me the suit now, and they are sending it through fedex with a tracking number, very happy with it so far.

Will wait till i get it to show you guys the fit

Shraka

Reaction score
Interested to see the fit, and your opinions on how they turn out.

greyinla

Reaction score
$300 is what you'd pay OTR at Zara, so if you get something that fits and is a bit different, good job.

And if you ever get an invitation that says "black tie," you can always have your tailor put some satin facings on the lapels and you've got a tux.
smile.gif

Shraka

Reaction score
Originally Posted by greyinla
$300 is what you'd pay OTR at Zara, so if you get something that fits and is a bit different, good job.

And if you ever get an invitation that says "black tie," you can always have your tailor put some satin facings on the lapels and you've got a tux.
smile.gif

I wish I could get half decent suits OTR for $300 down here in Australia. =_=

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads