• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

sleekblackroadster

Reaction score
i layered a bit of royal scottish lavender under a bit of silver mountain water today. its a lovely combo imo.

Spilotro

Reaction score
Boucheron EDP spray.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today, it's Montale's Shiny Aoud.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Maharlika
Today, it's Montale's Shiny Aoud.
^This one and Red Aoud are both on my list, but I haven't gotten to try either of them yet. Both seem interesting and I LOVE Montale's Aouds, so I'm sure these would be no different.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
^This one and Red Aoud are both on my list, but I haven't gotten to try either of them yet. Both seem interesting and I LOVE Montale's Aouds, so I'm sure these would be no different.

I'm also a fan of Montale's Aouds. When I visited his store at the Place Vendome, Pierre was actually there and was very generous in handing me samples. I was also informed that they will be happy to add more aoud ( 90 percent ) more on any aoud purchase. I purchased Steam Aoud and Lime Aoud.

Shiny Aoud is one his new offerings and I must say, this does not disappoint. I got mine from Vijay at BN.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
This evening I rectified my mistake and applied Kouros after an evening swim. I can understand how it would underwhelm at first go, but I like it more now. I get neither urinal nor civet.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
again. Yesterday was TDC Sel de Vetiver

You're really branching out here.
smile.gif

Speaking of branching out and pots calling kettles black, I'm wearing New West again. Since things will cool down in the next 90 or so days, I figure I might really put a dent in a few summery scents.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
You're really branching out here.
smile.gif

Not counting samples, I think I have seven scents that I wear from home and one from the gym (plus a new one on the way). Of those, one has been more or less appropriated. That doesn't really leave me with a lot of variety.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
Not counting samples, I think I have seven scents that I wear from home and one from the gym (plus a new one on the way). Of those, one has been more or less appropriated. That doesn't really leave me with a lot of variety.

That is a manageable number. I have a few that I look at and wonder if I'll ever wear them again. Fortunately the binge has tapered off but there are a few bottles I may get before the year is out.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
That is a manageable number. I have a few that I look at and wonder if I'll ever wear them again. Fortunately the binge has tapered off but there are a few bottles I may get before the year is out.
And I should add that one, which I don't really care for, is relegated to a travel scent and lives in my dopp kit. On the other hand, my original count left one out, so I am still at six for real daily wear choice, with one on the way based only on my wife's recommendation.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^Seven is a good number; I hope I can get there. I'm down to about 30 and I can't imagine how I could get it lower than that and still have my "bases" covered (haha).

Anyway, in honor of the Montale discussion, Montale Aoud Queen Roses for me today. Rose essence and Aoud... it doesn't get much better than that.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I might be able to pare it down to seven per season, not including decants and samples. But I'll have to get rid of a few.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Weather has gone back up into the 90s here with 99.99999% humidity, so a light traditional EdC is probably going to be just right (haven't decided which yet, though I'm leaning towards PdN Cologne Sologne again). Anything heavier is almost nauseating...

Anyway, for autumn, I'm having pangs of nostalgia for a scent that I finished up a few years ago and never bought again... SMN Melograno. It's such a neat one... light, fresh, but surprisingly deep and with just that hint of off-kilter funk that makes a great scent. I think I may have to break my self-imposed hiatus from fragrance-buying and pick up a bottle...

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Nooo!!! Don't do it!

Actually I'm kind of casting about for a bottle of Kouros, and then maybe a bottle of Kama, and - if the sample's any good - a smallish bottle of Kitsune.

This month is brought to you by the letter K.

Today, though, the weather is cooler than usual, not too damp - a time for Antaeus.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads