• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Great Bespoke Tailors in NYC?

WayYankee

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm new on the forum, and this is my first post. Apologies in advance if this topic has been covered before, but I couldn't find anything definitive when I searched existing threads...

My question is -- who do you think is a great tailor in NYC for making a bespoke suit in the range of $1500-2500 per suit?

Many thanks -- looking forward to reading your thoughts!

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I believe Frank Ercole will make for $2,500 or less. I only have trousers from him but they are great.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Are these recent vintage? Post opening of Manhattan shop?
BTW, I am not asking out of personal interest. I have just come to the realization that I cannot buy any more bespoke without either disposing of some first or buying a weekend home. I am not ready for either yet.
But I am curious.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Recent, and yes, I visited him in Manhattan.

Will

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
I have just come to the realization that I cannot buy any more bespoke without buying a weekend home.

When considering weekend homes, closet space should be first and foremost. Move all your out of season clothing there, and those tweed suits that you really shouldn't be wearing in town anyway.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need a new tuxedo and am also shopping for an NYC tailor. I am a bit lost.
frown.gif

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
. . . I have just come to the realization that I cannot buy any more bespoke without either disposing of some first or buying a weekend home. I am not ready for either yet.

I have just come to the realization that I cannot buy any more bespoke without buying a weekend home.
Originally Posted by Will
When considering weekend homes, closet space should be first and foremost. Move all your out of season clothing there, and those tweed suits that you really shouldn't be wearing in town anyway.

I saw what you did there. Still, sound advice from a man who long ago figured out his priorities.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I assume this is all because you bought a new home. Next time, plan better.

Hey at least it's got plenty of closet space
teacha.gif

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of going with Cheo, though I haven't yet visited the shop

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
I'm thinking of going with Cheo, though I haven't yet visited the shop

I don't know anyone who has used him, though I think I read that Boyer did/does.
I have been happy with Raphael, though his styling has been inconsistent for me (ranging from good to great). Fit has always been top notch.
If money is a concern, consider Paul Winston. Not the same level of workmanship or fit but a nice job nonetheless.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Will
He was not taking new clients for quite a while, but I sent a man there last month and he got right in. The ibankers are buying fewer suits this year.

Good, I hope they start listing their apartments for cheap too
devil.gif

Reaction score
If anyone is on the West Coast I can take care of them. I have been making suits with style for over a decade. Feel free to check out my site at MyHaberdasher.com. My concentration is on the fusing of Fit, Fabric, Function and Fashion. You can find me in Seattle and travelling to California.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads