• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
Yep. Bigdiscount.com under $30 for 100ml

Sorely tempted to place an order now. Damn it all. The beast was sedated for so long. Okay, a week, but still!

edit: Gone now. Phew! That was close.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Sorely tempted to place an order now. Damn it all. The beast was sedated for so long. Okay, a week, but still!

edit: Gone now. Phew! That was close.

I wonder if I got the last bottle or did someone come along afterwards and get it.

Anyone?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Anyway, a vintage formulation of Chanel no. 19 for me today, with lots of oakmossy goodness.

Speaking of oakmossy goodness, I'm sporting the reformulated (not that I can tell a difference) Giorgio for Men today.

Originally Posted by dopey
I wonder if I got the last bottle or did someone come along afterwards and get it.

Anyone?

It was you Dopey. J'Accuse! - you hit Col Mustard over the head with your bottle of Habit Rouge eau Legere in the conservatory!

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thomas;1266238 said:
Speaking of oakmossy goodness, I'm sporting the reformulated (not that I can tell a difference) Giorgio for Men today.

I think they just re-issued it; I don't think they messed with the juice. From my small decants that I had of the original vs. the new stuff I smelled recently, they are just as funky (in my mind, anyway).

I couldn't imagine the original being MORE potent than the current stuff... good lord!

I'm with Cerruti Image today; so-so "fresh" opening, but a very nice sandalwood/jasmine drydown.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bond NO. 9's Bleeker Street

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^I didn't LOVE Bleeker, but I think it is a nice, safe, very classy scent for daywear. Personally, my favorite daywear Bond is still Riverside Drive. The hint of pepper in there really gives it some needed kick that keeps it from feeling TOO "fresh/clean" and fleeting.

Did you try Warhol Silver Factory? I received a sample a while back and was quite impressed. It's violet with some strange funk involved... very interesting (and nearly 30% parfum by volume). I've been layering it lately with TDC Bois d'iris and really enjoying the mix.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I haven't yet chosed today's scent but I am posting to mention that I'm headed out of town for a couple of days but have brought 4 or 5 decants with me because I'm indecisive like that. So: for sunday and Monday I will be choosing among the following:

Signoricci
Neroli Sauvage
Bios de Portugal
Isfarkand
Axa-Luxe Kama (maybe not)

Today I may wear New West. Just thinking ahead here.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
I haven't yet chosed today's scent but I am posting to mention that I'm headed out of town for a couple of days but have brought 4 or 5 decants with me because I'm indecisive like that.
It's not indecision... it's just good planning!
smile.gif
You should see my suitcase when I go to Japan in the summer... I usually have 15-20 different bottles/decants in there!

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^I didn't LOVE Bleeker, but I think it is a nice, safe, very classy scent for daywear. Personally, my favorite daywear Bond is still Riverside Drive. The hint of pepper in there really gives it some needed kick that keeps it from feeling TOO "fresh/clean" and fleeting.

Did you try Warhol Silver Factory? I received a sample a while back and was quite impressed. It's violet with some strange funk involved... very interesting (and nearly 30% parfum by volume). I've been layering it lately with TDC Bois d'iris and really enjoying the mix.

Yes, I have tried it and it's probably my favorite of their Warhol collection. For the fall, I may purchase New Harleem. It has great sillage and longevity on my skin.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Geir by Geir Ness. "Smells like mountain air of Norway".

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Maharlika
Yes, I have tried it and it's probably my favorite of their Warhol collection. For the fall, I may purchase New Harleem. It has great sillage and longevity on my skin.
Wonderful scent for fall/winter. I had a bottle a year or two ago and really enjoyed it, though I didn't end up using it all and swapped it on BN for some Montale. It's very "gournamdish" and also rather subdued; as such, it's good by itself, but it also is WONDERFUL layered with other things. PdN Cologne Sologne for me today; it's quite warm and I'll be outside most of the day, so there's little better than a traditional EdC with lots of citrus!

Babar

Reaction score
Just picked up a bottle of the new Infusion d'Homme by Prada, and I really like it. Much more interesting than the regular Pour Homme, even though it's not exactly super potent or a "statement" scent or anything. Just really pleasant and definitely my favorite for some time and really quite versatile. It should work well for both day and night time I think.

I also tried the new Dior Homme Sport but that was really vile.. I really like the regular and Intense versions though.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Dior Homme SPORT??? Are they really making this? How awful; Dior Homme is a heavy, leathery, anti-sport scent. Dior Homme is the brand for pale, super-skinny androgynes who don't even go outside in the daylight, much less get out and go to the gym for a workout or a round of tennis.

Good lord, what a dumb idea! It's like seeing Serge Lutens Fumerie Turque "Summer Splash."

Babar

Reaction score
Dior Homme SPORT??? Are they really making this? How awful; Dior Homme is a heavy, leathery, anti-sport scent. Dior Homme is the brand for pale, super-skinny androgynes who don't even go outside in the daylight, much less get out and go to the gym for a workout or a round of tennis.

Good lord, what a dumb idea! It's like seeing Serge Lutens Fumerie Turque "Summer Splash."

Exactly! I was really surprised when I saw the ad billboard for it in store as I hadn't heard of it before but I guess stuff like DH Sport is a pretty good indication of where the brand is heading forward. It'll probably sell much better than the original too.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today I am back at home and have busted out the Pasha de Cartier. I was once head-over-heels for this scent, now it has worn out its welcome. It's nice enough but it's going too many directions for me to really cling to it. Basically I have to want to wear nothing else and then my hand drifts to the outrageously ugly bottle. I should sell this one but I'll let it rest for the winter and then see how I like it in the spring.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads