• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Gentleman's Traveler

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still cant get over how much I love these boots. They just keep looking better and better with age. I am curious what the will look like when I get them resoled. I have had them since November and I wear them most of all my footwear. I used neutral polish on them for the first time the other day. Kind of weird. I see the polish coat by some of the creases and it kind of has a like a translucent color to them.

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I grabbed some off cultizm.com last night. Just over $200 CDN shipped to my door; I can't argue with that!

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to slowly work on the sole edge. Put some conditioner, neutral wax, etc. I want it to show a deep natural glow like on Alden bootmaker editions

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vashin
did you get hit by customs etc

Good question. I'm always a bit concerned by that, but considering these are made in the USA, I theoretically shouldn't have to pay any duty/brokerage/etc. I fully expect to pay the taxes at my doorstep as per usual.

That said, I think assuming I have to let go of $20-40 more dollars to actually receive them, the price is still far superior to the Zappos price for Canadians.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cultizm didn't have my size for several months. I ordered from Shermanbrothers.com for $212 shipped, no tax, but they recently adjusted their MSRP to $274...
frown.gif
. Sherman drop ships directly from the Red Wing factory though. Sounds like zappos with discount is the cheapest right now for a full size run.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
I just got a pair of black GTs from Zappos. Just in case someone doesn't know, if you go through live.com you can get 18% cashback which brings them down to $200.

Live cashback is up to 22.5% for Zappos now.

Fallen Angels

Reaction score
has anyone here bought the rugged classic Redwings from jcrew? i'm considering them for f/w, so i'm wondering what the sizing is like and if i'll need to size down. so if you own a pair, i'd really appreciate some size advice or any general thoughts/opinions about the boots. thanks in advance.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
btw, you can buy your regular size if the ½ size down option isnt avail. My black cherry GTs are my regular shoe size (½ size larger than they should be for GT) and I just bought one of those $15 gel insoles and it fits like a glove with no looseness.

SJC83

Reaction score
They don't make a 13
frown.gif

Guess ill just stick to my 875s.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a pair of insoles. I think I need a little bit more arch support. I havent heard anything good about the ones you can pick up at your local drug store. How should one expect the fit to change with added insoles?

Thanks

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
Can anyone recommend a pair of insoles. I think I need a little bit more arch support. I havent heard anything good about the ones you can pick up at your local drug store. How should one expect the fit to change with added insoles?

Thanks

They just get smaller. Pretty much any insole, no matter how cheap, will probably be an improvement. A shoe manufacturer will never put a $10 insole in your shoe, but you can.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
If you're gonna get insoles get the more expensive $15-20 gel ones. The cheap $3 foam insoles suck and they wear thru pretty fast. It's a good way to fill the space if the shoes are ½ size too roomy

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads