• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mugnut

Reaction score
Tidybeard those Drovers looks awesome. Bootsonline? They stock them in the vesta standard (MTO for them). The only other place I've seen them is at some of the Brit. outdoor places. came very close to getting them rather than yard boots, but might get them anyway now that I've seen real world shots.

Unrelated: For an update on the neverending sizing debate - I have complained previously that my yard boots (8G) seemed more like a 8.5D US than an 9. Having just received my first pair of craftsman, I can confirm that - to my feet - 8G in the Craftsman last is perfect. Don't know if the Yard/Turnout last might be a hair shorter or something, but just one more datapoint to those stuck buying long distance . . .

Tidybeard

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm in the UK and got them from a local outdoors place. Thay have a few more pairs in various sizes if anyone's interested but be warned there are no deals on price, which is £190UK....

I've had them on all day and I really like them. I reckon I have the spread of necessary boots covered now (I also have ankle boots by Lobb, Church's and Barker) but I've now got my eye on a pair of Olive Craftsmen that I saw in this year's catalogue. Maybe I need an Olive Comfort Turnout......

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you think of the suede options offered by R.M. Williams?

What does the "spice suede" look like ?

thorman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mugnut
but just one more datapoint to those stuck buying long distance . . .

I lives in Adelaide - maybe just maybe i'll go visit the factory and takes some pics for you all!

I know they do visits there.

They still cost a buttload here - not cheaper prices due to proximity unforutnately.

pvpatty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KlezmerBlues
I have a pair in tan, and they're a pretty dark "tan". Have been interested in the honey tan myself, but never seen an actual boot in it, just colour sheet representations. So please let us know how it turns out.

Yes, I'd be interested to see a honey tan in the flesh too (they don't have any in the RM Williams in Brisbane). Also, from looking at the catalogue you can only get honey tan in yearling, not veal calf.

Mugnut

Reaction score
I think I've found the answer to my long-running half-size question: While I was unable to get a response via RMW's email to this query, Barry at Bootsonline has confirmed that both length and width increase proportionally in .5 size increments.

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I've got the catalog pages bookmarked:

Nungar: $240AUD, or $180
Bootsonline: $295AUD, or $222 U.S.
Aussie: $270AUD, or $202 U.S.

Plus the shipping, of course.

Have prices gone up? I like those Macquaries in whiskey. How much did those run? Did you order them from Nungar?

Tidybeard

Reaction score
Mine? I got them from a local shop in the UK that had them in stock.

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tidybeard
Mine? I got them from a local shop in the UK that had them in stock.

Ahh- ok. They are very nice. I think you've inspired me to pick up a pair.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mugnut
I think I've found the answer to my long-running half-size question: While I was unable to get a response via RMW's email to this query, Barry at Bootsonline has confirmed that both length and width increase proportionally in .5 size increments.

I was told the same thing. Did they change the sizing on their boots? There are many comments in this thread insisting that 9G will equal 9.5G in length but not in width.

Tidybeard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CTGuy
Ahh- ok. They are very nice. I think you've inspired me to pick up a pair.

Thanks, they are very nice and a bit different. You might have to place a custom order as I don't think they make the Macquarie in whiskey as standard.

Cheers,

TB

NonServiam

Reaction score
I got some Comfort Craftsmen a couple of months ago, just started wearing them (for the fall season here in Norway).

I should probably get some good shoe trees for them. Will regular Rochester shoe trees do? They are available locally, and I have them in my Alden and Santoni shoes. They fit pretty good in the boots, but I'd like to know if there are any particular shoe trees one should use for Chelsea boots?

Thanks!
smile.gif

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dewey
What do you think of the suede options offered by R.M. Williams?

What does the "spice suede" look like ?

Originally Posted by Dewey
I was told the same thing. Did they change the sizing on their boots? There are many comments in this thread insisting that 9G will equal 9.5G in length but not in width.

Anyone? I'm especially confused by the conflicting reports about length changing with half-sizes. Sator and others say no, but bootsonline, who I presume answer such questions with boots on hand, say yes.

Mugnut

Reaction score
Can someone in Australia call RM Williams customer service and get their answer to the size question? I'm taking Barry's word on it 'cuz he seems to have a really good handle on the sizing issues . . . but "official" RMW stance on this issue seems necessary . . .

As a sizing aside I just got some Alden plain toes bals on the Plaza last e shape). The Alden 9D on the plaza last is probably .25"-.5" longer than the RMW Craftsman in 8G (which fit me pretty good but are -- as I have found with my other RMWs, maybe just a hair short). Obviously if the RMW increase in length by half sizes that would solve my problem.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NonServiam
I got some Comfort Craftsmen a couple of months ago, just started wearing them (for the fall season here in Norway).

I should probably get some good shoe trees for them. Will regular Rochester shoe trees do? They are available locally, and I have them in my Alden and Santoni shoes. They fit pretty good in the boots, but I'd like to know if there are any particular shoe trees one should use for Chelsea boots?

Thanks!
smile.gif

Just use regular shoe trees and you'll be fine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads