• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA EG Chelsa & Sandringham @ kurt geiger (UK only) DEEPdiscount

jjl5000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Those are sweet, JJL. Makes me wish I'd ordered all three colors.

I was too late to the party but would have liked a blue pair as well.

I wonder why KG didn't want the antique finish we associate with Green's? I would love to hear the thought process that led to these shoes being ordered.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jjl5000
I was too late to the party but would have liked a blue pair as well.

I wonder why KG didn't want the antique finish we associate with Green's? I would love to hear the thought process that led to these shoes being ordered.

I would too. Was it some buyer out on a limb? A corporate experiment? Something else?

I ordered a navy pair, but rather than having them shipped to Holdfast I tried to have them shipped direct, a la VR. They canceled the order and when I tried to have the shipping changed, they'd disappeared from the system.
patch[1].gif

jjl5000

Reaction score
That sucks.

I remember being in at the very beginning of the £200 RLPL Grant fest earlier in the year. I had to just sit and watch everyone fill their boots whilst I could do nothing because Ralf thinks the whole world has narrow feet
plain.gif
. D width 888's if IIRC
frown.gif

I swear I nearly bought a pair just to get in on it
laugh.gif

soaped

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anybody has a 9.5/10 chelsa in navy or wine they want to get rid of, you know who to PM
laugh.gif

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jjl5000
Chelsea in green
crazy.gif

ChelseaGreen1.jpg

ChelseaGreen2.jpg

The pics are not great but the shoes are very dark. Its hard to differentiate from black without a little natural light.

I actually have to say I'm a little bit disappointed. That's green? I find the 202 a fun, quirky last but the colour is considerably more somber than I expected. I wonder if it will lighten a bit over time. What is your own feeling on them JJL?

jjl5000

Reaction score
To be fair, the shoes do look considerably more green in natural light and quite unmistakably so with a little sunlight thrown in for good measure.

I have a pic of the green Chelsea alongside a pair of black Canterbury that I picked up in the summer sale. Unfortunately, the pic quality is quite bad but does help to highlight the differences that aren't immediately apparent from the pic of the Chelsea on their own.

EGGreenvsBlack.jpg

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yfyf
I actually have to say I'm a little bit disappointed. That's green? I find the 202 a fun, quirky last but the colour is considerably more somber than I expected. I wonder if it will lighten a bit over time. What is your own feeling on them JJL?

They're definitely more green than that pic shows. In natural light, you would NOT say these were black; the green comes through quite a bit. However, the calf is not green in the same way that the suede is. The suede is a deep forest green; the calf is greenish-black.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I want my shoes!!!

Leaveitothexperts

Reaction score
I'm obviously late to the party but may have a UK based "helper".

Can anyone tell me what size would fit. An 8E (not sure what last) was too snug for me. I wear US 9D in almost everything and C&J 337 8E fits me just fine

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Leaveitothexperts
I'm obviously late to the party but may have a UK based "helper".

Can anyone tell me what size would fit. An 8E (not sure what last) was too snug for me. I wear US 9D in almost everything and C&J 337 8E fits me just fine

I would go with the 8.5E, esp since the 8E was too tight for you. 8.5/9E (UK8.5/US9). Better to err on the slight loose side if one were to risk.

Regards.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want my shoes!!!

Your item, posted on XX/08/08 with reference RIXXXXXXXXXGB has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in UNITED STATES OF AMERICA......
devil.gif

Regards.

Leaveitothexperts

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shikar
I would go with the 8.5E, esp since the 8E was too tight for you. 8.5/9E (UK8.5/US9). Better to err on the slight loose side if one were to risk.

Regards.

They only have the dianite soles in 8.5E remaining . . . .
frown.gif

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Your item, posted on XX/08/08 with reference RIXXXXXXXXXGB has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in UNITED STATES OF AMERICA......
devil.gif

Regards.

Thanks, man. I've been staring at that unhelpfulness since Friday.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Leaveitothexperts
They only have the dianite soles in 8.5E remaining . . . .
frown.gif

If you dont have a Suede...that would be an awesome shoe to start with!

Thanks, man. I've been staring at that unhelpfulness since Friday.

Just thought I would remind you so you dont have to go over to Royal Mail.
devil.gif

Regards.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Just thought I would remind you so you dont have to go over to Royal Mail for the fourth time today.

Fixed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads