• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

tedbearz

Reaction score
Hi question on Resues vs NS sizing. I am a 29 Waist in Rescues would i get the same size in NS ?

whathup

Reaction score
I'm in need of a new pair of jeans so I'm trying to figure out which size to get. I have a 30" waist, approx. I want a slim, but not skinny, fit. I don't want them to end up stretching out too much so I'm leaning towards sizing down 3, only because the differences in measurements, according to the size chart on Context seems negligible. The only major difference is that the waist is actually a 29 on the 27 tagged. What should I do?

27 tagged
\t
29 waist
10.25 rise \t
10.75 thigh \t
7.5 knee \t
7 leg opening

28 tagged \t
30 waist \t
10.25 rise \t
10.75 thigh \t
7.75 knee \t
7.25 leg opening

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
apc shirts are very narrow in the shoulder, so to get the correct shoulder size it ends up boxy on the bottom

kit99bar

Reaction score
my 29s now measure 32-33 in the waist after 2 days of wear. the thighs have stretched out much less. I'm hoping for maybe 1/2 more inch in the waist and thigh.
laugh.gif

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It will strech out some more on the thighs :p

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i bought my apc ns from tobi about 2 weeks ago and one of the belt loops is fraying in half. i called tobi and they gave me 10% back which is nice.

but now i dont know what to do. tobi told me to go to a dry cleaners and they should be able to fix it, but don't you need like denim material to fix it?

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone else have any issue with their apc ns belt loop ripping or tearing off/apart in half?

Ace Rimmer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bassmanpatsfan18
This might be a dumb question, but what do you guys do about the small pocket sizes? I always have my phone, wallet, and keys on me and the pockets in my NS jeans are almost too small. Has anyone had a tailor "upgrade" the pockets to bigger ones?

I had a tailor lengthen the pockets on my size 28 Rescues. I had to do the same thing with my size 30 Nudie AJDS. I wear my jeans rather loose (compared to most of y'all) but the pockets were not deep enough.

At a minimum, I wanted to be able to carry my Kel-Tec P3AT in a pocket holster without having the back of the slide protrude out of the pocket. $20 at the tailor to lengthen both pockets was worth it, IMO.

smujd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ace Rimmer
At a minimum, I wanted to be able to carry my Kel-Tec P3AT in a pocket holster without having the back of the slide protrude out of the pocket. $20 at the tailor to lengthen both pockets was worth it, IMO.

Is your sling shot broken?
devil.gif

Never heard of lengthening pockets--did he just replace the pockets with new, longer ones?

Ace Rimmer

Reaction score
^^ The tailor just added 2" onto the bottom of the existing pockets. He followed the existing "contour" so it just wasn't a hack job. It came out quite nicely.

My P3AT is the only handgun that I can fit comfortably into jeans pockets without printing. Well, I take that back ... my S&W M342 AirLite Ti works well with my Nudie AJDS but haven't tried carrying that handgun with my Rescues yet.

wheelsx45

Reaction score
Hello everyone, first post here. I wear levis 514 size 28 (16 regular boys) and they are fit me snug. I dont move a lot as I am in wheelchair. What New Standard size should I choose? Since I do not move much at all will that mean the APCs wont stretch out as much? I thinking of a size 25 or 26, but unsure if the stretch effects me as much.

According to the Context website, it sais a (tagged size 25 = 26 true, 26 = 27, and then a 27 = 29) That makes me confused also.

Edit: My true wast measurement is like 28.5

chestercopperpot

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bsyde82
can anyone comment on the fit of apc shirts? i kinda like this one

APC+Grand+Carreaux.jpg

i hate saying this but every apc shirt i ever had just fell apart. i love apc jeans and i have a couple coats of theirs but all of their shirts which must be made by using cardboard boxes as fit models have horrible stitching and seem to be getting as weak as the us dollar

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by piercehan
i bought my apc ns from tobi about 2 weeks ago and one of the belt loops is fraying in half. i called tobi and they gave me 10% back which is nice.

but now i dont know what to do. tobi told me to go to a dry cleaners and they should be able to fix it, but don't you need like denim material to fix it?

anyone help?

ispace

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ace Rimmer
^^ The tailor just added 2" onto the bottom of the existing pockets. He followed the existing "contour" so it just wasn't a hack job. It came out quite nicely.

So you mean the front pockets right, not the back pockets?

B.

Ace Rimmer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ispace
So you mean the front pockets right, not the back pockets?

Yep. I know there are some gunwriters that advocate carrying a backup gun in the rear pocket (Duane Thomas, I am looking at you!) but I think it's a horrible idea. Pickpockets routinely lift wallets from peoples' back pockets; imagine them getting their hands on your gun ....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads