• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Woolrich FW08 is up

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dusty is the jacket lined??

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah it is, full cotton lining.

Casual

Reaction score

windwos

Reaction score
I'm looking for a proxy in the us who can get the parka from steven alan for me. would be very grateful.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Context finally has their pictures up. The field coat looks great, but dang, $800+. The fishing smock also looks cool, but I don't think that could be pulled off in an urban setting, even here in Seattle. I wish they did sales more frequently.

bathtime

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
I'll see about the sleeves. Fok, you might be right about the armholes, but do you guys think it could stand to lose an inch or two through the body?

Fit looks good. If you trim the body you may not leave room for layering. Try using the interior cords at the waist - they allow for slimming the body.

bsyde82

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bsyde82
i kinda like those cruiser shirts....can anyone comment on the sizing of woolrich shirts?

bumping this. really interested in copping but wanna know the sizing before i take the plunge. help anyone?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bsyde82
bumping this. really interested in copping but wanna know the sizing before i take the plunge. help anyone?
They seemed true to size based off measurements I've seen. Why don't you call them and ask?

bsyde82

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
They seemed true to size based off measurements I've seen. Why don't you call them and ask?

i did get measurements from shopjake actually, but i'd rather get an opinion from someone who owns a shirt or has tried it on...according to jake's measurements, the large is 17" in the shoulder, which seems really small for a large. and i'm pretty wary about buying a large, since i typically wear size smalls, with the exception of BoO.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From this month's Best Life: Field shirt jacket, $440, Bergdorf's and Fred Segal.

Casual

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
From this month's Best Life:

Field shirt jacket, $440, Bergdorf's and Fred Segal.

My favorite piece from this season. Thanks for posting it. I'm off to Bergdorf tomorrow.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anyone spotted the black maine guide jackets anywhere besides context? I wasted a bunch of time calling around to the few places I could today with no luck.

Oxnard

Reaction score
For anyone that was asking about sizing for the Cruiser Shirts, I picked up the blue one from shopjake back a few weeks ago when they were still up on the site, and I got a medium, which is what I get for mainstream brands ala. j.crew, and also for engineered garments. I would say get your engineered garments size if you own or have tried on any EG pieces, as the fit is very similar to their workshirts, which isn't suprising considering its the same designer (mr.Suzuki) They even use the exact same big plastic buttons. With my size-medium cruiser shirt, I can wear it comfortably over a t-shirt, a it has a pretty nice, casual fit, and the body is actually a nice, slightly slim fit, considering it has neither darts nor box pleats on the back. Sleeves are a bit long, and it has a nice, thick material that is to me reminiscent of chambray. Again, mine was the bluish grey colorpath, so I don't know if it is the same material for the patterned ones. Hope this information was of some use; and overall I can say that it is a very nice shirt (as I am wearing it now) that does not stray too far from the EG mold.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads