• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

All about Levi's

whatuknowaboutthat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ritchee
Does anyone know if the Levi's 'Product with Roots' line is available in the US - preferably on-line?
Did a search and I could only find it on-line in the UK at End and Oi Polloi.

TIA

sorry buddy, you missed it. Here in chicago, the levis store had about 40 pairs of the limited edition 1947 STFs on sale for 50 bucks... I think theres like one pair left in size 29x34.....if thats you, i can go check to see if they still have it

DBoon

Reaction score
What is your favorite site (other than Ebay) to check for vintage 501s?

avalemik

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatuknowaboutthat
sorry buddy, you missed it. Here in chicago, the levis store had about 40 pairs of the limited edition 1947 STFs on sale for 50 bucks... I think theres like one pair left in size 29x34.....if thats you, i can go check to see if they still have it

50 DOLLARS?!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
dont these cost around 150 at least?
dang

esspee1200

Reaction score
im a big levi's fan as well. 501 are nice but i dont shrink mine as much.

Edjeansguy

Reaction score
Zach,
I posted on the Jeans and 510 Super Skinny forums looking for info on the Levis Super Skinny 510 jeans. I'm hoping that you would have some additional advice on them. I ordered a pair of Levis 510 Super Skinny rigid or raw idigo color jeans in size 32" X 32". My waist size is 33 1/2 and I have always sized down in jeans, even the slim or skinny fit styles by Levis, 7 For All Mankind and Diesel. I like wearing my jeans tight and think that the 510s would be a perfect fit from waist band to cuffs. I currently own 2 pairs of Levis Skinners in 32" X 32" & 32" X 34" in the rigid unwashed denim. The Skinners are my favorite jeans and have a fantastic, but comfortable tight fit in the seat, upper thigh and especially in the front crotch area. I haven't dry cleaned them yet, but the wiskering and lighter wear areas are starting to appear in the rigid denim and are showing my natural profile in the front quite nicely.

I tried the Levis 511 Skinny jeans in the washed indigo denim recently, in size 32" waist and they didn't quite have the tight fit that I was looking for in the seat, crotch, etc. There weren't any size 31" waist sizes in stock and I finally tried a waist size 30". These were too tight and binding around the waist, but otherwise had the tight fit that I was looking for. I think that the size 31" waist would have been a nice and comfortable tight fit.

I'm wondering if I should have just ordered my waist size in the 510s, since I heard that they run very slim, but strech out naturally anyway, especially since they are made with stretch denim. I'm of slight build, not skinny and have average muscular legs and butt even though I work out with weight training and do aerobics. I'm 6 ft. & 175 lbs. I'm trying to compare the 510s to the Skinners, since they appear to have the same upper design - waist band at hips, low rise 9 1/2" and tight fit in the seat, crotch, tight thighs (Skinners are boot cut and 100% cotton) and also the 511s, since I was able to button the waist band and zip up the fly without sucking in the gut in the size 32" waist.

The 510s seem like they'll be the perfect tight jeans that I've been looking for and I hope that you have some experience with them that you can advise on.
Edjeansguy

Shorty Long

Reaction score
Anyone know if LVC is going to be available in the US this season???

itsjustadrian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shorty Long
Anyone know if LVC is going to be available in the US this season???

Yes they will be. According to a store meeting we had a while ago, in the upcoming fall months we should be getting an entire new stock of lvc's in retail stores. Also, a ton of new washes are coming in 514's, 501's, and 511's. Also, the 501's cut will revert back to the 47' cut which should make some of you guys happy
smile.gif

Shorty Long

Reaction score
Thanks. Do you have any details on specific LVC pieces that will be available?

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i got some insider information this weekend that all lvc 1947s went on sale today for $99, call customer relations (800) USA-LEVI...

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321
i got some insider information this weekend that all lvc 1947s went on sale today for $99, call customer relations (800) USA-LEVI...

Is this in stores too?

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Is this in stores too?

i am pretty sure, the sales associate at the store told me about this on saturday. i would call your local store and make sure...

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by itsjustadrian
Also, the 501's cut will revert back to the 47' cut which should make some of you guys happy
smile.gif

How do I ensure that I end up with this? I don't want to end up having some baggy seat/thighs version shipped to me because some online store has old stock.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads