• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wtf...paypal!

harryx2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I sold a pair of shoes to a guy in New York. He had a new account. I required immediate payment and his paypal account is verified.

I checked my email today and found this

Dear ...

As a result, the following transaction has been reversed:

Sincerely,
PayPal

Without any reasoning (only stated is "the as a result") they reversed his payment! No dispute (it has not even been a week since he bought them) no nothing. How could they do it? I mean what the hell is wrong with paypal? As a result of what???

Please any feedback will be appreciated.

coogie

Reaction score
Email them

It happened to me once and they reversed the reversal when i proved shipping with a shipping receipt to their address

harryx2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thankfully i have the receipt and everything, but there was never a dispute or anything. I just found that the money had been reversed. And what's with the "as a result of this" without stating anything? This is totally incoherent!

Thanks for the info, it is a little bit relieving.

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Use [email protected] to send a message to - they should get back to you within 24 hours as they hate chargebacks against them. Include the case id, transaction id, and the tracking number and explain the situation. Something similar happened to me in spring, but it was actually the fault of the buyer's bank and he was as surprised as me.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happened to me on a $550 overseas transaction. Paypal reversed the transaction and sent me a similar email w/o a legitimate explanation. I emailed them and they claimed the money was not withdrawn from my account even though I was looking right at the page saying it was. It was a new user who had purchased tons of high-end clothing in a short span of time and probably using a stolen credit card number.

harryx2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VMan
Happened to me on a $550 overseas transaction. Paypal reversed the transaction and sent me a similar email w/o a legitimate explanation. I emailed them and they claimed the money was not withdrawn from my account even though I was looking right at the page saying it was. It was a new user who had purchased tons of high-end clothing in a short span of time and probably using a stolen credit card number.

And what happened then? Did you get your money back? Shall i try and stop the item from being sent? I know people at the post office. The thing is that the buyer, who is new, contacted me, did not request any urgent shipping and he seems to own a legit fashion business. I still have not heard back from him however.

But pls do tell me what happened with you.

Thank you.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harryx2
And what happened then? Did you get your money back? Shall i try and stop the item from being sent? I know people at the post office. The thing is that the buyer, who is new, contacted me, did not request any urgent shipping and he seems to own a legit fashion business. I still have not heard back from him however. But pls do tell me what happened with you. Thank you.
I never got the money back, so I just took the loss and chalked it up to the cost of doing business. You could try to stop shipment but usually you are **** out of luck once the package leaves the country and enters another postal system.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VMan
I never got the money back, so I just took the loss and chalked it up to the cost of doing business. You could try to stop shipment but usually you are **** out of luck once the package leaves the country and enters another postal system.
harryx2, this doesn't sound good. Good luck!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads