• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Daskb challenges Aportnoy to a shoe-off!

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Metlin
^^^ Nope.

At least not in the two threads here in the Men's Clothing section.

Are you seriously claiming that aportnoy has many fine shoes?

I think you might be stepping out on a limb.

- B

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
That's what I am saying. Someone who takes pics of 400 different new shoes would most likely to be a distributor. But clearly, he is not. Like I said, his shoes don't seem to ever make their way back into any sort of marketplace, ebay, or even yahoo auctions japan.

I just don't think he has all 400 shoes at once, it doesn't make sense. I would LOVE to be proved wrong with a collection pic of 400 shoes. Do it, do it, do it.

Yeah, your comments just lend credibility to my argument in a previous thread that he is running a hedge fund where he's trying to corner the market on the world's supply of high-end men's shoes in the 8 - 8.5 size range. Just like Trading Places, although with shoes instead of orange juice.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RunningBeagle
I also find the idol worship distasteful.

This is because you have moved on to bespoke shoes.

Some of us still scrimp by on RTW.

- B

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
If he doesn't wear them... what does he do with them all then?

I guess it's like having a stamp collection. While you may have some new stamps, you don't particularly go about sticking them on mail envelopes, right?
smile.gif

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
How could he wear them? If he observed a strict rotation, he could go almost a year before repeating a shoe....

I could make it to four months, tops.

And that's with slumming it a little bit with a few pairs of Pradas.

- B

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
This thread has gotten weird, though it also started that way. I guess it has gotten weirder.

Nothing could be wierder than a grown man posting a pic of his daughter in a skimpy outfit to show how hot she is.

The Cruiser hate never seemed clearer to me than it does now.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Are you seriously claiming that aportnoy has many fine shoes?

I think you might be stepping out on a limb.

- B

That comment was about the "challenger" -- the drunk Mr. DaskB.

And aportnoy? Nah, I think he just likes walking barefoot and works at a shoe store for fun.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnny_flapjack
It might also mean that he enjoyed purchasing that pair of shoes so much that he sold them to you so that he could go out and buy them again.

Haaaa! That's exactly it.

But, on his next round, rather than buying them in my size, I suspect he would buy them in his.

At least one of them is not made anymore, though, so I'm hopeful it will eat away at him.

- B

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
This thread is like "Waiting for Godot."

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
This thread has gotten weird, though it also started that way. I guess it has gotten weirder.

Standard page 6 material.

- B

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
This thread is like "Waiting for Godot."
Originally Posted by Beckett
Why are we here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Daskb's shoes to come.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Nothing could be wierder than a grown man posting a pic of his daughter in a skimpy outfit to show how hot she is.

The Cruiser hate never seemed clearer to me than it does now.

That certainly was a "what the hell?" moment.

Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Haaaa! That's exactly it.

But, on his next round, rather than buying them in my size, I suspect he would buy them in his.

At least one of them is not made anymore, though, so I'm hopeful it will eat away at him.

- B

My goodness, you are quite the dark horse of snark. I'm beginning to like you, Mr. Vox. But have you really purchased portnoy's used shoes? Were you saving for Lauwers?

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Ahem. I think we did a rough calculation and found that Portnoy has at least 400 pairs of shoes.

I thought he posted a number last month and it was just over 250 or so. I could be wrong as I tried to erase that post from my memory regardless of what the number was.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads