• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Louis Vuitton Shoes

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have now contradicted your self....you call them an investment.
That is a term we use here, Boss shoes are not an investment, nor are most of the others you mention.
Unless of course you use the term in a different manner than most.
The folks here that are investing in shoes at the level that myself and the others have mentioned significantly different than the brands you have mentioned in nearly every way. They are works of art.

The term "quality" and the term "investment" should be mutually exclusive.

For example "Hi Mr. Smith, I would like to invest my money in stock of companies of low quality".
Makes no sense at all.

Quality of shoes around here is pretty well tested. It seems to be different than your idea of quality, which is fine, please do not get all ruffled.

Your shoes are not bad, just not top level.

Perhaps you should simmer down, learn a few things, and lets all be friends?

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I purchased a pair of LV loafers, calf skin, and the leather is very nice. I can't comment on the construction because I'm not a cobbler.

That being said I don't think I'd buy another pair anytime soon, they were quite expensive and as others have said the same quality shoes can be had for less money without the bling name or higher quality shoes can be had for the same price.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would much rather have a nice rubber soled LV shoe that some green or blue colored double leather soled monstrosity from Edward Green! I mean really, a green shoe from E. Green?? So yesterday!
Antirabbit, you suck!
fight[1].gif

Regards.

Daskb

Reaction score
antirabbit;1248905 said:
You have now contradicted your self....you call them an investment.
That is a term we use here, Boss shoes are not an investment, nor are most of the others you mention.
Unless of course you use the term in a different manner than most.
The folks here that are investing in shoes at the level that myself and the others have mentioned significantly different than the brands you have mentioned in nearly every way. They are works of art.

The term "quality" and the term "investment" should be mutually exclusive.

For example "Hi Mr. Smith, I would like to invest my money in stock of companies of low quality".
Makes no sense at all.

Quality of shoes around here is pretty well tested. It seems to be different than your idea of quality, which is fine, please do not get all ruffled.

Your shoes are not bad, just not top level.

Listen bummer, neither you have nor will have what i have as a collection. When i said "invested" means i put money at full price not that I am trying to reap on it. As for Boss don't stick to that like it's your reason for arguement. I already said they are not my best of the collection, yet I started with hugo boss into designer collection. What do you have beside an opinion? you got any, talk about it. Or may be you can talk about what your friends got. But please don't gawk at cos I have something to talk about.

Daskb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shikar
I would much rather have a nice rubber soled LV shoe that some green or blue colored double leather soled monstrosity from Edward Green! I mean really, a green shoe from E. Green?? So yesterday!
Antirabbit, you suck!
fight[1].gif

Regards.

It's all about how deep your pocket is.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Daskb
Listen bummer.....

Do you expect anyone to take you seriously when you start like that? Antirabbit is a very respected member here, so I would request you to calm down and debate your point like a gentleman.

Regards.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what are you talking about? you chimed in to brag?
I dont get it.
So, yeah, I do not have a shoe collection like yours.
I feel terrible and defeated.
I guess I really do suck.
(oh as far as pockets, mine are fine. I simply use my funds in other manners. The value of me or you is not your dollar accumulation nor how you diperse it.)

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
what are you talking about? you chimed in to brag?
I dont get it.
So, yeah, I do not have a shoe collection like yours.
I feel terrible and defeated.
I guess I really do suck.
(oh as far as pockets, mine are fine. I simply use my funds in other manners. The value of me or you is not your dollar accumulation nor how you diperse it.)

Antirabbit, I dont get it either. But maybe if the two of us pool our savings we can buy a pair of LV shoes. We can alternate wearing them and then maybe, just maybe, we will be blessed too.

Regards.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shikar
Antirabbit, I dont get it either. But maybe if the two of us pool our savings we can buy a pair of LV shoes. We can alternate wearing them and then maybe, just maybe, we will be blessed too.

Regards.

Actually, the idea of time share shoes is great!
Lets say we get a pair of size 14's, so we can split the share with more people, we can stuff some pairs of Falke cashmere's in the toes to make them fit.
hehe, that is just brilliant!

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lets say we get a pair of size 14's, so we can split the share with more people, we can stuff some pairs of Falke cashmere's in the toes to make them fit.

Antirabbit, what if we ask Daskb if we can just borrow his shoes to wear? It would save a lot of capital outlay.

Regards.
PS. Whats your shoe size Daskb?
lol8[1].gif

Daskb

Reaction score

GUESS WHAT, YOU TWO SHOULD TRY THING BEFORE TALK FOR XYZ'S PRIDE. BUILD YOUR PRIDE, SHELL FEW DOLLARS PLEASE. DONT GAWK AT PEOPLE WHO CAN SHELL.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Daskb
GUESS WHAT, YOU TWO SHOULD TRY THING BEFORE TALK FOR XYZ'S PRIDE. BUILD YOUR PRIDE, SHELL FEW DOLLARS PLEASE. DONT GAWK AT PEOPLE WHO CAN SHELL.

Ok, i dont really understand what you said, but can we please borrow your LV shoes? I mean, they are so expensive, I am sure they are like more than like $150 !!!

Regards.

s329

Reaction score
wow daskb is really giving noobs a bad name. god looks out for fools and babies...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads