• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Louis Vuitton Shoes

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Exactly! I think it's about time Aportnoy came around and posted a few pics...

Originally Posted by Daskb
Get going

NNNNNNNNNMNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo........

Daskb, Son, you DO NOT say that!!

Regards.

Daskb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shikar
NNNNNNNNNMNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo........

Daskb, Son, you DO NOT say that!!

Regards.

Talk is cheap

mbloom

Reaction score
I've had a pair of LV Cyclist boots for 3 or 4 years now. They're just gorgeous to look at: a lace-up ankle boot with a buckle over the front top of the boot. Very sleek and a little snug in a cognac color. I paid $905 + $180 for equally sleek and smooth wooden shoe trees. I think it was a lot to spend then but I just love these boots!

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mbloom
I've had a pair of LV Cyclist boots for 3 or 4 years now. They're just gorgeous to look at: a lace-up ankle boot with a buckle over the front top of the boot. Very sleek and a little snug in a cognac color. I paid $905 + $180 for equally sleek and smooth wooden shoe trees. I think it was a lot to spend then but I just love these boots!
I think this is the point; if you love them and they look great on you, then that's what counts and it doesn't matter how much they cost. The OP asked our opinion about about the relative merits or quality of LV shoes and we responded accordingly. BUT, there are times when all "objective criteria" can be damned in relation to a fashion item and you want it because you like it. I have several items like this and I don't mind because I like them and they look great on me... This is what I meant earlier about being "pragmatic" about fashion brands and their goods; if you realize that they may not be the best quality on earth or fit a good price-to-quality-ration, then you can often find some items that are stylistically very nice and fun. My only problem is when someone "drinks the koolaid" of fashion brands and says that because they are $1500 and made by Fashion BRand XXX, it guarantees that they are superb. Sadly, these days it doesn't.

Daskb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
I think this is the point; if you love them and they look great on you, then that's what counts and it doesn't matter how much they cost. The OP asked our opinion about about the relative merits or quality of LV shoes and we responded accordingly. BUT, there are times when all "objective criteria" can be damned in relation to a fashion item and you want it because you like it. I have several items like this and I don't mind because I like them and they look great on me...

This is what I meant earlier about being "pragmatic" about fashion brands and their goods; if you realize that they may not be the best quality on earth or fit a good price-to-quality-ration, then you can often find some items that are stylistically very nice and fun.

My only problem is when someone "drinks the koolaid" of fashion brands and says that because they are $1500 and made by Fashion BRand XXX, it guarantees that they are superb. Sadly, these days it doesn't.

I see what you are saying.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, I want to see Aportnoy kick the noobs ass!

Seriously, you can not mention Prada and Boss in the same breath as Lobb, Green, Sutor, and that is pretty much a baseline, it goes up from there (Throwdown of Hermes vs. Scarfora or something hilarious...)

Daskb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit

Seriously, you can not mention Prada and Boss in the same breath as Lobb, Green, Sutor, and that is pretty much a baseline, it goes up from there (Throwdown of Heremes vs. Scarfora or something hilarious...)

Another dumbo who can just throw names

Daskb

Reaction score

Seriously, you can not mention Prada and Boss in the same breath as Lobb, Green, Sutor, and that is pretty much a baseline, it goes up from there (Throwdown of Heremes vs. Scarfora or something hilarious...)

Don't live on others' pride you got something show it.

kngrimm

Reaction score
Okay Daskb,

Can you please show us your shoe collection? I'm not biased either way.. just curious since you bring it up. I'd love to see your shoes.

Thanks,

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do not own the shoes mentioned, in fact I can not afford it at this time.
So, with that said, I have discovered other makers that are very high quality (come on Boss) and have sub $1K price tags (Campanile or Peluso).
They are beautiful shoes, but believe me, stick around and check out the shoe Pr0n that Aportnoy or some of the others have.
No one is saying that LV or Heremes shoes are total crap, just that they do not have the highest value proposition when the quality of manufacture and level of styling of others in the same or lower price bracket is significantly higher.

Daskb

Reaction score
So, with that said, I have discovered other makers that are very high quality (come on Boss) and have sub $1K price tags (Campanile or Peluso).
They are beautiful shoes, but believe me, stick around and check out the shoe Pr0n that Aportnoy or some of the others have.
No one is saying that LV or Heremes shoes are total crap, just that they do not have the highest value proposition when the quality of manufacture and level of styling of others in the same or lower price bracket is significantly higher.

I mentioned boss cos I happened to have them....I take them back. As far as Prada's r Gucci's or CD's or LV's or Hermes or Dolces, I love them all. May be I am not the person to talk about quality since I dont use any shoe till kingdom come home and say it lasts. Anybody saying these are not good are mocking my investment and I defy.

Daskb

Reaction score

Oh BTW i dont own none of the 3 you mentioned and i just check their look tag, they match my interest. That doesnt mean they are not good, just not my taste.

Infrasonic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just to make it easier...
devil.gif

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=14906

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads