• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What to wear with a tan blazer

Razeus

Reaction score
Thinking of picking up this blazer, but can't imagine what would go with it. Jeans? Chinos? Dress slacks? Is this more of a casual wear, like a night out on the town or at the office? Suggestions. Wish it came in navy blue.

Jonathan Crane

Reaction score
You know, I posted a thread asking this exactly question a few days ago, and got no responses. I own a tan sport coat (lighter than that one), and I've been pairing it with brown slacks, a white shirt, and a red, striped tie. I'd like a few more options, but I really can't think of anything else that would look good with it.

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd call that more of a brown than tan myself. So dark navy pants would work well, as would charcoal. Dark brown cords are a tasteful choice too.

Jeans, light or dark will work.

I wouldn't wear it as a night on the town jacket. That cut and color suggests comfort and complancy not entertainment and excitment.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think the problem is that there's no real problem here. This particular cord coat would, IMO, look out of place in navy. I'd probably where it with dark jeans myself.

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jeans, button down, brown shoes.

Here's one of my old WAYWTs with a tan cord jacket:

stp80729modde2.jpg

Razeus

Reaction score
that looks good warlock. i was imagining something like this, but couldn't really picture it. i really like the jacket and its texture and feel, but I didn't want to buy it unless I need I could make several proper appearances in it.

I never thought of wearing it with gray pants (as in the BR pic), the combo just seems off to me. But then again, I wear charcola grey dress slacks with brown shoes to work all the time.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Just don't wear that goofy hat with it.

Unless you are a douchebag, in which case, have at.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jonathan Crane
You know, I posted a thread asking this exactly question a few days ago, and got no responses. I own a tan sport coat (lighter than that one), and I've been pairing it with brown slacks, a white shirt, and a red, striped tie. I'd like a few more options, but I really can't think of anything else that would look good with it.

I haven't had time to post any summer pics, but here are a few tan-ish looks from late spring:

306510673_mAUWL-L.jpg

307774933_U2f6S-L.jpg

299611762_j9yBA-L.jpg

287499366_WKnWT-L.jpg

And a sample shot to show trousers and shoes:

281250852_Dns2z-X2.jpg

- B

Jonathan Crane

Reaction score
voxsartoria - I just love the green in the second picture. I own a green tie, and I've been looking for excuses to wear it. I might see how it works with the jacket.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jonathan Crane
voxsartoria - I just love the green in the second picture. I own a green tie, and I've been looking for excuses to wear it. I might see how it works with the jacket.

Thank you, it is a Kiton multifold linen number.

Give your green tie a spin with your jacket...you might like it.

- B

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razeus
Thinking of picking up this blazer, but can't imagine what would go with it. Jeans? Chinos? Dress slacks? Is this more of a casual wear, like a night out on the town or at the office? Suggestions. Wish it came in navy blue.

nah, you def want a shade of brown for the cord jacket like you linked, not blue. I wear mine a LOT in the fall, with a plain white shirt, a navy and white gingham shirt, or a navy striped shirt-- always with jeans, either dark or faded. that jacket would look cool with suede boots, too (as well as brown dress shoes).

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Agree with the others - navy would not be quite right with this jacket in my book... go with dark brown cords, moleskin or brushed cotton, jeans definitely, or maybe some nice medium gray flannels for a refined look. Definitely pants with a little bit of texture to them.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dark blue jeans will work with a brown jacket, no problem.

bafield

Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I haven't had time to post any summer pics, but here are a few tan-ish looks from late spring:

306510673_mAUWL-L.jpg

307774933_U2f6S-L.jpg

299611762_j9yBA-L.jpg

287499366_WKnWT-L.jpg

And a sample shot to show trousers and shoes:

281250852_Dns2z-X2.jpg

- B

What are these shoes in the last picture?

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vox do you have a full length pic of the first shot? By far the best look of the group in my opinion.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads