• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's list things we hate, Clothingwise

KennyGhetzoff

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JesseJB
1) Tommy Bahama north of Tampa.
2) Women at my work wearing gym clothes and trying to pass it off as work attire.
3) When the guy telling you that denimheads buying a pair of $120 jeans are a bunch of money-wasting followers and then goes on to tell you how he only buys $180 Diesels cuz they work for him.
4) Pretty much how everyone in this city dresses like theyre going mountain climbing on the way to work (dressing like **** and having everyone else around you dress like **** causes depression..I swear to God)
5) Ed Hardy again (A ladyfriend of mine for 2 years abruptly stopped talking to me forever when she called me from an Ed Hardy "fashion show" and I started laughing at her)

ladyfriend? what are you like 60?

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KennyGhetzoff
ladyfriend? what are you like 60?

I thought it sounded better than "smoking hot skinny brunette with huge boobs and an ass like a ten year old"

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought it sounded better than "smoking hot skinny brunette with huge boobs and an ass like a ten year old"
You're a gifted writer. lol.

Nico Samuel Pleninsek

Reaction score
Ill fitting clothes
low rise pants
crewneck shirts shown when one unbottons the top few buttons (why not wear a v-neck)
tennis shoes (I break this one a lot, I just prefer a good pair of leather shoes)
white socks
HOODIES, hate them, hate them, hate them, hate them.

Style Pontifex

Reaction score
1. "Hawaiian-wear." You know, the stupid palm leaves and ridiculous patterns. Even in Hawaii. How many times have I heard the excuse "It's for a cruise." Inexcusable.

2. Polo shirts with banded bottoms.

3. Plaid shorts (why, Jesus, why?).

4. Tube socks. Do you have shin pads under there, and are you traveling to the soccer field?

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Girls that wear school hoodies + sweat pants + flip flops, it looks scrubby as hell.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Like a ten year old?
confused.gif

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't like the marc by marc jacobs mouse flats all the girls be wearing either. Every time I see a girl wearing them, and she's behind me, I feel like I'm being chased by rats.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Style Pontifex
1. "Hawaiian-wear." You know, the stupid palm leaves and ridiculous patterns. Even in Hawaii. How many times have I heard the excuse "It's for a cruise." Inexcusable.

+1, I'm from Hawaii and I get a kick out of it every time someone thinks that people in Hawaii wear Aloha shirts, khaki shorts and slippers (insert "flip-flops" if from mainland) daily

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Being too trendy and a fashion victim/slave. A total turn off.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
-wife beaters worn alone
-baggy/oversized polos tucked in pants
-crocs
-super pointed dress shoes
-square dress shoes
-Hawaiian shirts
-Nascar/beer shirts
-workboots when not working
-XXXL t-shirts
-hats with brims not bent
-oversized ugly jewelry
-sunglasses at night
-socks with sandals

kookydooky

Reaction score
Being too trendy and a fashion victim/slave. A total turn off. Got pics of examples?

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kookydooky
Being too trendy and a fashion victim/slave. A total turn off.

Got pics of examples?

This one:

93162540.jpg

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People who keep their earbuds in ALL THE TIME, even when they are not actually listening to anything.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 84 38.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.3%

Forum statistics

Threads