• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's list things we hate, Clothingwise

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
Women in pink velour track suits, flip flops/uggs.
Name-tag necklaces
Random 'designer' dog tags.
Too much perfume or cologne.

So...Conne?

keikun13

Reaction score
- crocs
- sandals with socks
- dress shoes with white socks
- uggs
- clothes that are obviously too big for you
- carpenter jeans
- and most of all, people who wear the same shirt for more than one day in a row

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ouch, we are a critical bunch...

there's nothing i really hate clothing wise.

OCross

Reaction score
- Socks Crew length or higher with shorts (unless during physical activity)
- Crocs (of course)
- Plaid cargo shorts
- High top nike dunks with shorts
- Infernally ugly "limited edition" sneakers

Lastly, however not a clothing hatred, but still, women who find any combination of these looks appealing in any way, shape or form.

btw, great thread overall

Shraka

Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
I hate when guys wear backpacks with suit and tie.

Backpacks, if you do lots of walking, are essential. Anything that doesn't distribute the weight across your shoulders evenly is bad for your spine.

Personally I just wish they'd make some backpacks that didn't look like they're modeled on running shoes.n

Originally Posted by Big Punisher
New balance shoes.
I thought new balance just made runners...?

Anyway, things I don't like (I think hate is a bit strong). Plenty of others have mentioned some of these, but I'll post them up again:

- Skinny jeans, especially when they're a size to small and the guys wear them around their legs. Seriously, I do not want to see your whole arse hanging out, I don't care how nice your boxer shorts are. In fact the whole emo thing annoys me.
- Baggy shirts. They don't look good, period.
- Long shorts. They make the people wearing them look like a child who doesn't know how to dress himself.
- Runners. If you are going to the gym or doing some kind of physical activity, fine. If not, leave them at home.
- Thin pants or shorts with a very slim t-shirt when the wearer is borderline obese. It's like watching a frog get about on it's hind legs. This is usually done with spiked up hair, thongs (see: flipflops) and a dopey look on their face.

I also think it's sad when people are afraid to dress well. They think they will be singled out and picked on by co-workers or other university students for looking different. *sigh* Oh well.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"afraid" to dress well? I have never encountered that...i think most of the population who dresses "poorly" just doesn't care or acknowledge clothing in their life other than a basic necessity.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i know i'm not contributing anything new, but i wanted to splash around some more gratuitous haterade.

running sneakers with anything when you're not running (although I like the type of new balances that superbobo sports)

ill fitting suits

rick owens or bernhard wilhelm sneakers

ugss/crocs

jeans on guys that are so skinny just looking at them makes your balls hurt. i think on skinny guys they sometimes look good, but not tight like tights.

baseball caps put on backwards (or forwards)

any brand that is overly overpriced without any redeeming aspect in quality (a&f, 7fam, tr, ed hardy etc.)

any brand that screams wealth through mass hypnotizing and branding (coach, lv, chanel bags shoes with gross monogram branding)

you should be steezy without most ppl knowing you're steezy. just that somehow you look really good.

Seanallen

Reaction score
-Hollister
-Abercrombie
-American Eagle.

Those 3 brands seem to be all thats worn at my school, and I'm tired of that bullshit.

Along with

-Uggs
-Crocs
-Fake Designer products, I had a kid wearing a Fake gucci pattern jumpsuit in a class of mine, it was horrible.

Oxnard

Reaction score
Clothingwise, the things I hate the most are some of the most common things I have seen in my lifetime of living in the south...
-Eurotrash styles, the "gotti" look, also crappy designer shoes, i.e. Gucci sneakers covered in monogram pattern for $700. Many of the well-to-do kids adopt these styles as their own.
-Gaudy striped shirts. I live in the southeast, and for about 50% of people my age (early twenties), their idea of "dressing up casual" is synonomous with their clubwear look- a gaudy multi-color striped shirt, untucked, with the top 2 or 3 buttons undone, and with the cuffs folded only once over for that lovely "wings" effect, along with some distressed denim and square-toed Kenneth Coles.
-^same people as above with their "dressing up formal", ill-fitting ralph lauren button-down tucked into pleated khakis with the same crappy square-toed kenneth coles.
-Fat people in the summer who tuck their t-shirts into their shorts, thus proudly displaying their gut that hangs out 4 inches over their waistline. Finished off with crocs or running shoes and tube socks. This is how people in the rural-south dress for like 4 months out of the year.
-^^ In general, fat people should not tuck their ******* shirts in because gut-accentuation is easily one of the most vile and common sights that I see in public.
-I know its not clothing, but guys who get obvious highlights in their hair look so very very bad. Best example-Billy Ray Cyrus.

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1) Tommy Bahama north of Tampa.
2) Women at my work wearing gym clothes and trying to pass it off as work attire.
3) When the guy telling you that denimheads buying a pair of $120 jeans are a bunch of money-wasting followers and then goes on to tell you how he only buys $180 Diesels cuz they work for him.
4) Pretty much how everyone in this city dresses like theyre going mountain climbing on the way to work (dressing like **** and having everyone else around you dress like **** causes depression..I swear to God)
5) Ed Hardy again (A ladyfriend of mine for 2 years abruptly stopped talking to me forever when she called me from an Ed Hardy "fashion show" and I started laughing at her)

Doc4

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
When was the last time you heard a Canadian refer to themselves as American?

Oh, we use the sentence "I'm an American" all the time. We just add a strategic "not" in there, eh!

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doc4
Oh, we use the sentence "I'm an American" all the time. We just add a strategic "not" in there, eh!
That's what I'm talking aboot!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics