• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Those v-necks are too deep for me. They'd look good with a shirt buttoned all the way up though.

yea the Terry Halls have a deeper "V"....and you're right about the 2nd point you made.

Originally Posted by whodini
Those logos look HUGE.

mos def. the size of the laurel matches the size of my awesomeness. But yea man, they're the older laurel style, in oversized size scale. Here's the 'famous' pic of T. Hall that the sweater is an exact reproduction of, from 1979 when he fronted the Specials. Then and Now. FP is smart to reissue this sweater since The Specials are reuniting with all original members in late fall for a string of UK dates (and hopefully USA shortly after in 2009)

perry_hall.jpg

Guy Burgess

Reaction score
I'd love to try that on and see how it fits, as its exactly the kind of thing I like, especially in the burgundy colour but unfortunately my days of living somewhere with a FP shop are long gone.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Calden
Hartmann Belting Leather Toiletry Bag
hartmann.jpg

Uniqlo Vintage Chinos
uvc.jp

Rod Laver Mids (on the way)
rodlavermid.jpg

where did you snag those uniqlo vintage chinos from? i've searched high and low on the internetz and have had no luck...

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
C&J for Polo on the way. Got a good deal on them; a much better deal than what they are offered at on the Polo site right now.

pPOLO2-3056268_standard_v330.jpg

those aren't c&j, notice it says made in ITALY...
those are the RL Stanton's made by the infamous "made in italy" RL store...

either way not C&J

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321
where did you snag those uniqlo vintage chinos from? i've searched high and low on the internetz and have had no luck...

Probably uniqlo. They restocked recently. Uniqlo doesn't have any stockists or anything. Either use their email ordering system or call and do a phone order. Make sure you specify vintage chino.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Probably uniqlo. They restocked recently. Uniqlo doesn't have any stockists or anything. Either use their email ordering system or call and do a phone order. Make sure you specify vintage chino.

thanks for the info, i've been wanting a pair for a minute and it looks like i shall be getting some...

cshd

Reaction score
I just bought a navy custom fit polo from dillards for 23$. I would have picked up more but they dont have any smalls left or only have the crazy neon hunting orange or some other crazy colors.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
2 Levis 514 -on sale for $32 each @ Macys with $20 off coupon come down to about $21 each.
Ben Sherman long sleeve button down
2 Hugo Boss Slim Fit long sleeve button down - $50 each @ Macys
Converse by JV- $15 @ Ross
3 Hugo Boss Slim Fit short sleeve button down - $30-$40 each @ Macys

wbp2m0.jpg

505j07.jpg

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
those aren't c&j, notice it says made in ITALY...
those are the RL Stanton's made by the infamous "made in italy" RL store...

either way not C&J

Originally Posted by Get Smart
^^ werd. sure doesnt look like C&J, and esp if it's made in Italia

Ah, OK. I asked Jimmy, everyone's favorite Polo salesman in Atlanta who the maker was and he told me C&J so I took him at that.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's some talk about it in ask andy forums, it still should be a well made shoe that you picked up at a great price.

delirium

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
yea the Terry Halls have a deeper "V"....and you're right about the 2nd point you made.

mos def. the size of the laurel matches the size of my awesomeness. But yea man, they're the older laurel style, in oversized size scale. Here's the 'famous' pic of T. Hall that the sweater is an exact reproduction of, from 1979 when he fronted the Specials. Then and Now. FP is smart to reissue this sweater since The Specials are reuniting with all original members in late fall for a string of UK dates (and hopefully USA shortly after in 2009)

perry_hall.jpg

what's the connection between ska and mod culture? are they considered a subset? well at least 1st and 2nd generation ska...?

i consider myself a fan of ska, but i don't really know much about the culture. i don't even know how to skank wtf.

anyways, i dig these terry hall sweaters :].

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by delirium
what's the connection between ska and mod culture? are they considered a subset? well at least 1st and 2nd generation ska...?

Ska has more to do with skinheads than mods. Mods might like ska, but it was never "their" music, whereas it was the official beat of Skinheads in the 60s

But for American mods in the 70s/80s Ska was all they listened to...surprisingly I don't know any American mods from back then that even liked real mod music (motown, northern soul, jazz, black R&B etc)

I'd say The Specials and other ska bands from the 2Tone era probably had more skinhead following than mod following.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just finished some after work shopping...

I bought a pair of Raf Simons slim grey wool trousers.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
img3875kl9.jpg
img3874ri6.jpg
Edit: ****, I meant to edit previous post. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics