• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My first pair of expensive shoes!!!

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They have a nice finish and I would wear them in very specific situations, but I have to wonder why this would be one's 'first' pair of nice shoes. There are more versatile shoes out there. It's kind of like buying marjoram before salt and pepper.

mishon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very Italian, very Sutor Mantellassi. I like them; they'd go perfect with jeans or casual trousers.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RunningBeagle
They have a nice finish and I would wear them in very specific situations, but I have to wonder why this would be one's 'first' pair of nice shoes. There are more versatile shoes out there. It's kind of like buying marjoram before salt and pepper.

Because they were available and at a deep discount. I can identify with the feeling.

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acesup_11
Let me know what you guys think. They will be here in 2 weeks I am so excited

WOW, very fashioned forward. Have fun!

acesup_11

Reaction score
I have a pair of allen edmonds but these are the first pair in around the $1K mark that I have spent the money on. They are Sutor Mantellassi and I got them for $275

lithium180

Reaction score
I think they look great!
smile.gif

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Casual suits. Khaki suits spring to mind, or casually with a sportcoat/pants combo.

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very very nice. And just a helluva deal at $275. Wear them in good health.
smile.gif

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gorgeous shoes. It's a good pair to be excited about.

wind88

Reaction score
The stitching on the shoes is very appealing.

acesup_11

Reaction score
thanks so much guys I really appreciate the help.... now if i could just find a belt to match lol that should be fun I think maybe a chestnut belt from Allen edmonds or something. I dont know any ideas guys.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads