• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's list things we hate, Clothingwise

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There's Tiffani Amber Thiessen and then there's chicks.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
she's wearing 501's, and her navel is visible I am talking something like this:

high+waisted+jeans.jpg

or the super hot country girls who wear wrangler for women instead of some other more appealing variety of womens denim.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by piercehan
i HATE certain elements of the ghetto (black) fashion ... not to be racist against blacks - asians, hispanics, wannabe white kids, and tons of other "hip-hop" influenced kids do it too - but it just looks terrible

I'm a bit surprised. I expected this thread's ignorance to come from the OP.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie

or the super hot country girls who wear wrangler for women instead of some other more appealing variety of womens denim.

Wrangler has Souther Cred. People were screaming for blood when Willy Nelson played in Greensboro wearing Levis rather than Wranglers.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
-'stealth wealth', It could be that I grew up middle class... but the notion of buying something expensive you want to look cheap is beyond me. I always try for the opposite.

To me stealth wealth is about buying quality clothes and not making the label blatantly obvious (IE: having D&G plastered all over your shirt). The beauty in stealth is that they look better with age and wear and break in great. You come to realize it's quality over time and that should be enough for appearances, not large tacky logos. But that's just how I view it.

- 3 piece suits, vests remind me of almost any mom rock singer.

On yourself or in general? 3 piece suits rock.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
^Agree... it's not about buying something expensive that looks cheap, it's about buying something that looks good (and is preferably well made), but doesn't say "HEY LOOK D&G&D&G AT ME GUESS HOW Christian Audigier MUCH ALL VERSACE JEANS COUTURE THIS COST I HAVE WAY Rock&Republic MORE $$$ THAN YOU!!1"

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Instead, it's all about going online and impressing strangers on the internet.
smile.gif

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
skinny jeans when youre not skinny
board shorts being worn in the city
graphic tees

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
Wrangler has Souther Cred. People were screaming for blood when Willy Nelson played in Greensboro wearing Levis rather than Wranglers.

It's Willie, so to this I say its better to be pissed off than pissed on.

Originally Posted by Lel
On yourself or in general? 3 piece suits rock.

Especially on myself, but in general too.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(too) tight button up shirts.
too tight anything.

Tcameron

Reaction score
bowties on anyone under 60

I'm sorry if you ever see me on the street - but it works in the elitist Northeast (as well as the south).

I have about a dozen bowties that I wear on a semi regular basis - about once or twice a week which is strange for a college kid, but it works for me.

Although to you point, I easily look 10-15 years older.

clarity

Reaction score
I am wearing socks with my boat shoes today in honor of this thread.

Tagut don't shoot me I will be in gso most of the day. :p

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ I wear socks with boat shoes all the time...

Morgan

Reaction score
I cannot stand the orange county surf/skate/punk look: black baseball caps with perfectly flat brims, black t-shirts, and worst of all, 3/4 length "shorts" worn with chunky skate shoes and white tube socks. Amazingly, I often see fully grown men wearing this. It makes them look like 10-year-olds with some sort of accelerated-aging disease.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads