• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zee's Leatherware & Shoe Co.

schanop

Reaction score
Some shoes I've got from Zee.

These brown, two eyelets derby are basically my tango shoes now. Also tried my luck at antiquing as well, not very successful though.
zeebrownderbyvk5.jpg

A few months after the first pair on another HK visit, I order these tan suede whole cut with a bit of medallian. They turned out OK, I guess.
zeetansuedewholecutpd5.jpg

At the same time, I saw this pair already made and decide to buy it because I like the suede colour and he was giving me a good price at $600 HK. Because they are also blake construction, so probably will end up being my dacing shoes as well.
zeeolivesuedecaptoeoxfoft3.jpg

Before departing HK, I decided to order a plain whole cut. The finish shoes was a grainy tan calf, and I did rev them up to something more like mid brown with some sherry tint as they are now.
zeebrownwholecutey2.jpg

schanop

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Toiletduck
My latest purchase for SF scrutiny :-D

p1010553yo9.jpg

also, a pair of spectators for the gf

p1010567ls9.jpg

That was a tease from the other thread. Can we please have some more pictures and info here?

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Theres a HUGE difference between the old calf and the new leathers mind you. The new leathers are just yummy...
smile.gif

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm always amazed by what you can learn on SF. Thanks to all for the steer on Zee's and others - I will definitely have to stop in during my next visit to HK. These shoes sound like a steal!

A leather weekend bag is what I'm *really* lusting after, though. Any idea what a decent leather weekend bag will run?

walneal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
guess i gonna make a call to ZEEs and grab a pair like that in burgundy w/ charcoal grey suede
thanks toiletduck!!

p.s. mind giving more information on the spectators?
last shape.......etc

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know whether there are any "specific" lasts. I just wore a pair of Zee's into the store, and told him what I wanted changed.

For the black & white spectators, I just pointed to a rounder last in store.

In terms of specifications, I brought in a photo of a pair of Vass adelaides & requested specific parts to be suede....quite simple :)

p.s. put in some photos in the natural light

walneal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks
guess i will got mine serveral weeks later

i love that adelaides and am imagining how would they look with the 'rounder' spectator last
would you post some more pictures of the spectators?
i am always tempted by round toe with a sleek last
devil.gif

schanop

Reaction score
Those look great. Now I am starting to wonder when I will have a chance to visit Hong Kong again
plain.gif

walneal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
made my call yesterday and waiting for the fitting :-D

temporaryachilles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by walneal
thanks
guess i will got mine serveral weeks later

i love that adelaides and am imagining how would they look with the 'rounder' spectator last
would you post some more pictures of the spectators?
i am always tempted by round toe with a sleek last
devil.gif

+1

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luk-cha
no one can do good year welt in HK FWIW

Luk cha,

I just cut up my old kow hoo oxford that I commissioned about twelve years ago.
I confirmed that they are goodyear welted shoe.

mrphrog

Reaction score
Does anyone know I can get bespoke wallets from Zee's? What price will I be looking at for may a croc / ostrich wallet? Thanks!

Threads101

Reaction score
Does anyone have their e-mail address handy?

I had a pair of shoes made when I was in HK two years ago and would like to order a few more pairs. Also, does anyone have an update on his latest pricing on standard calf leather? Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads