• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Driving your dream car?

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by savvyibd
I driver a Mercedes S class. Would like to get an Aston Martin but I am not fond of the interior (or the price).
Really, I've always found the Aston's interior to be one of the most beautiful aspects of the car.

The attention to style and detail is simply amazing.

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm driving my dream car.

609rwhp and 609 rwtq. Naturally aspirated. Too many modifications to list.

Coliseum.jpg

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kai - post more please! You are missed. How are those Lobb bespoke shell cordovans?

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
Kai - post more please! You are missed. How are those Lobb bespoke shell cordovans?

Lobbs are doing well. Gathering more dust than wear, however, as are all of my "nice" clothes.
I've not been posting because I've become rather unstylish, I'm afraid. I started a new consulting business and I'm working from my home these days. I transact all of my business over the phone or via the internet. I only wear "grown up" clothes about twice a month when I'm actually meeting with clients face to face. Lots of days, I don't ever change out of my pajamas. I haven't bought a tie, or a suit, or a dress shirt, or a pair of dress shoes in over a year.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kai
Lobbs are doing well. Gathering more dust than wear, however, as are all of my "nice" clothes.
I've not been posting because I've become rather unstylish, I'm afraid. I started a new consulting business and I'm working from my home these days. I transact all of my business over the phone or via the internet. I only wear "grown up" clothes about twice a month when I'm actually meeting with clients face to face. Lots of days, I don't ever change out of my pajamas. I haven't bought a tie, or a suit, or a dress shirt, or a pair of dress shoes in over a year.

Sounds like heaven
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I am currently the owner of a '93 Jeep Cherokee Country.

There are far too many cars I'd rather be driving, but the most easily accessible 'dream car' is probably a stock '64 Impala or '66 Galaxie 500, especially since I can't drive a manual.

A buddy had a Buick town and country wagon w/ a 440 Hemi... A car like that gets you out of speeding tickets. He and I were headed back to school from a break doing 100+ only to have the cop pull us over to sneak a peak at the engine.

robbie

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kai, nice to see you back also, and you know, SF isn't just about the clothes....
Originally Posted by robbie
A buddy had a Buick town and country wagon w/ a 440 Hemi..
There are many things wrong with this sentence.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not my dream car, but still very nice. Love blk on blk.
n39100926_33269000_3926.jpg
n39100926_33369448_5489.jpg

mljones99

Reaction score
While I do like my current car, I would have to say my dream car would be Bentley Continental GT.

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
R8060005_large%5B1%5D_(400x300).jpg
And no, definitely not driving it. Someday...

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Kai:

worship.gif

Nice ride!

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
currently: 2004 Mini Cooper

if I had up to 100k to buy any car, I'd still buy another Mini over any other car

now if I had 100+k to buy a car, it'd be the Maserati GranTurismo

my other dream car I wanted and eventually got was a chopped/lowered 54 Chevy Bel Air coupe, but the reality became more of a nightmare/hassle than the dream prior to owning it

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Currently: 1990 Pontiac Grand Prix

Dream Car (realistic): Mazda Miata (ever since I read Car and Driver's glowing review on the 1998 re-design). Hoping to get a 1st generation in a few months (during winter when convertibles are cheaper)

Dream Car: Mint condition, or fully restored 1969 Datsun 240Z

Alfa

Reaction score
I am about to move to a country where the prospect of owning a car just doesn't make sense in terms of expense or hassle (Singapore). But my dream car is definitely a Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint Zagato without rust that I could use as a daily driver. Baring that a 1974 Alfa Romeo GTV 2000 or a Porsche 356A (not a 90210 speedster!) or an old Citroen DS. Modern cars? Realistically a Mini Cooper S, dreamland an 8C.
2522282260_017acafb58.jpg
1024544891_a6f0e4e52a.jpg
1696365484_1615ba389c.jpg
55736106_f5f8fcc38c.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads