• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Comprehensive List of Links to High-End Shoes

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by centipede
New G&G Bespoke BALMORAL OXFORD Arrival
smile.gif

http://centipede.web.fc2.com/

I'm not a fran of the metal eyelets.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
I'm not a fran of the metal eyelets.

i think they make them have a very 30's american feel
devil.gif

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Wilkes Bashford in San Francisco and Bergdorf both carry Bontoni. Bergdorf has a very attractive double monk in stock. I find the finishes on Bontoni to be very exciting. They offer a bit more flair than a traditional brown and tan although they may not be for everyone, for sure.

I think each Wilkes I have visited carries Bontoni. SF, Palo Alto, and Carmel so far

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Some new models are up on the JLP website. www.johnlobb.com

Creative but uninspired. Mostly mediocre.

Another Parisian bespoke shoemaker: mego.fr

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Rustic? I dig the colour. The punched cap is too much, IMO.

well a little slap dash with the finishing - i know they are handmade but still is not any reason to be over rustic looking!

as for the color i much prefer the last crocodile one of his too, more to the point have you seen that the heel dont sit flat too? after the detailed deiscusion from last time i when an checked all my shoes both bespoke and RTW and the all site flat and some even the soles do too with the tress in

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luk-cha
...more to the point have you seen that the heel dont sit flat too? after the detailed deiscusion from last time i when an checked all my shoes both bespoke and RTW and the all site flat and some even the soles do too with the tress in

Yes, but it isn't that bad than on some others posted around.
smile.gif
Still strange on a Cleverley, IMO.

Glad to hear you don't have sort of this issue.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luk-cha
.....more to the point have you seen that the heel dont sit flat too? after the detailed deiscusion from last time i when an checked all my shoes both bespoke and RTW and the all site flat and some even the soles do too with the tress in

Yes, but it isn't that bad than on some others posted around. Still strange on a Cleverley, IMO.

I did speak recently to a very experienced last maker in London.

George Cleverley (the man) believed in the need of a properly made shoe to be "twisted". For this reason, all of his shoes were designed with heels off the ground. Although the last maker I spoke to does not share this theory, but he said categorically that this is a (possibly misguided) characteristic of George Cleverley's shoes.

It might be, that this theory came from Tuczek, but I don't know that.

Cleverley (the firm) continues with that tradition. It is not a mistake, it is intentionally like that.

You might want to talk to George Glasgow about that.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bengal, thank you for the clarification. I appreciate your first hand researches and information.

IMO, Cleverley wouldn't be there, if it would be wrong. Btw, the Tuczek theory sounds reasonable, as he was trained "old school" and was a visionary person.

PS: We've been joking around a bit.
smile.gif

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Bengal, thank you for the clarification. I appreciate your first hand researches and information.

IMO, Cleverley wouldn't be there, if it would be wrong. Btw, the Tuczek theory sounds reasonable, as he was trained "old school" and was a visionary person.

PS: We've been joking around a bit.
smile.gif

agree! soz for the in house pun, but i will ask in John when next i am in London

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe
George Cleverley (the man) believed in the need of a properly made shoe to be "twisted".

The Saint Crispins's RTW/MTO are like that, although that is small sample anecdote.

- B

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads