• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why do I lose sexual interest in my GF's

Spilotro

Reaction score
Maybe when you get comfortable, your libido turns itself off? There's a lot of pressure from society for us guys to "perform", so maybe your hormones tell themselves that you have "won", and performing is no longer necessary.

I'm also the type of guy who likes to cuddle, and I'm amazed by the number of girls I've been with who can't stand it, which strikes me as odd. I feel like I'm the one being used for sex
tongue.gif

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spilotro
I feel like I'm the one being used for sex
tongue.gif

Just roll with that, brother.

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also much prefer the chase. Just the other day I was wondering why that is. In all honesty, I think it stems from my parents telling me I could achieve anything I set my mind to as I was growing up. I'm very rarely satisfied with what I have - whatever it is - and am always looking for the next better thing. It's a problem.

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brad
I also much prefer the chase. Just the other day I was wondering why that is. In all honesty, I think it stems from my parents telling me I could achieve anything I set my mind to as I was growing up. I'm very rarely satisfied with what I have - whatever it is - and am always looking for the next better thing. It's a problem.

You and every other American.
Astronaut-Dream Denial Syndrome.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just to add my last few comments, I have been married for a very long time as we got married young. I watch internet Appreciation probably daily, given that we have no firewalls at work and that my day goes from very busy to doing nothing multiple times over the course of a day. My sex life with my wife is at the very least as hot and as frequent as when we were 20. I could not see myself married to her or anyone if sex was an infrequent activity or if when it was done, it was done in a "let's get this over with" way. Sex does not define either of us nor our marriage but if there was no animal attraction between the two of us, how long do you think before everything else goes to ****? Men and women are equally horny, the day you stop being horny for the opposite sex, there are definite issues that need to be worked out. Be they mommy, sexual orientation, sexual fetish or whatever issues, I would suggest the OP figure something out quickly because he will never have a successful relationship if the sex is non existant, unless he hooks up with a nun, and I have my doubts about them.

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by redgrail
You and every other American.
Astronaut-Dream Denial Syndrome.

Do you really think it's that common?

X-It

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford
My amateur 2-cents analysis.

I guess the question would be how much do you actually respect women? The comments about pursuing and bedding women and having more sex than most people your age suggest to me that you treat women as objects to be attained as sexual trophies, not so much as people with whom you want to pursue a real relationship.

I'd suggest putting off the sex for a while in your future dating and building a relationship based on something other than physical attraction. That way the sex is an added benefit, not the entire basis of the relationship.

worship.gif

Originally Posted by Baron
I can relate to this a little bit - I've gone through periods of chasing a lot of girls and I've found that I ended up losing my sexual interest in them pretty quickly. The reason in my case was that I was pursuing women I didn't really like, but I liked the notion of bedding them. That notion wears thin once you've accomplished that task at hand. The trick is to not keep seeing someone unless you're really strongly attracted to them. Don't stay with someone out of guilt just because you've slept with them. It may be that you're avoiding the women that you're most attracted to because you're afraid of rejection from them, so you pursue women that you know you can get instead.

Well-said.

Originally Posted by Tarmac
Sounds like mommy issues.

Mommy issues = Amerikajinda

Oedipal victor?
confused.gif

mishon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Just to add my last few comments, I have been married for a very long time as we got married young. I watch internet Appreciation probably daily, given that we have no firewalls at work and that my day goes from very busy to doing nothing multiple times over the course of a day. My sex life with my wife is at the very least as hot and as frequent as when we were 20. I could not see myself married to her or anyone if sex was an infrequent activity or if when it was done, it was done in a "let's get this over with" way. Sex does not define either of us nor our marriage but if there was no animal attraction between the two of us, how long do you think before everything else goes to ****? Men and women are equally horny, the day you stop being horny for the opposite sex, there are definite issues that need to be worked out. Be they mommy, sexual orientation, sexual fetish or whatever issues, I would suggest the OP figure something out quickly because he will never have a successful relationship if the sex is non existant, unless he hooks up with a nun, and I have my doubts about them.
Ed, this is a great response.

aizan

Reaction score
see a shrink. sounds like you have a madonna-whore complex.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
probably has something to do with ur self esteem issues? where you need to feel wanted by many people to feel you are good enough? and once the person likes you, you need to feel it from someone else to feel good about yourself etc. i dunno i just know having a low self esteem ***** up a lot more things then people think it would. i have a friend who has a ridiculously low self esteem, and its discusting how fucked up he is in so many ways you wouldnt imagine. all because of a low self esteem.

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you really think it's that common?

In white middle-class young people - sure. Especially the more successful they are. Coddled by parents and told they can achieve anything, they buy it and are disappointed when they don't graduate top of their class at Harvard/can't land a 10.5 hottie in a bar/what have you. I see it all the time.

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by redgrail
In white middle-class young people - sure. Especially the more successful they are. Coddled by parents and told they can achieve anything, they buy it and are disappointed when they don't graduate top of their class at Harvard/can't land a 10.5 hottie in a bar/what have you. I see it all the time.

Well, if you add the disappointment from not shooting 70 after playing golf for a little over a month, then yeah, that's me.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Well, if you add the disappointment from not shooting 70 after playing golf for a little over a month, then yeah, that's me.

Don't drink tooo many beers! Today I shop a 94 b/c I was a little tipsy!

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Don't drink tooo many beers! Today I shop a 94 b/c I was a little tipsy!

Good luck in Chicago, big dog.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics