• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

esspee1200

Reaction score
i run 3 miles every other day and play bball when i'm not. this is enough for my cardio fix. plus i stopped lifting weights and now stick to pull ups and it has worked wonders for my physique.

jamoo

Reaction score
Did a very difficult 16 miles last Saturday, really laboured to finish it off. Did 39 miles this week, capped with an 18 miler yesterday. I slowed down from my 16 mile pace and had a much easier time, did about 9 minute miles. I really need to work on the carb load leading up to the long run though.

This week it'll be 41 miles, ending with a 20 miler. I'm a little nervous about that one.

Southern Beau

Reaction score
2.5 miles. My first pain free miles in months thanks to a nagging IT (illiotibial) Band injury! Baby steps...

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, 7 mile hike with ankle weights with some local fire fighters ... intermixed were a total of 600 pushups done throughout the hike.

Today. 2 miles of cruisin mixed around a whole buncha stairs.

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
Hey,

I'm 59 years old and haven't run in about 15 years.

I live within walking distance of the best running trail in Houston, Tx., called Memorial Park. It's got a 3.1 mile running trail around it. I've recently lost some weight and I think I might attempt a loop around the Park again. I know a little about running, and I'm aware I should go very slowly (probably a walk/run combination) and stretch real well, both before and after.

But, that would be a good comeback after 15 years. In 1988, on Election Day morning, I was running at Memorial Park (I did it daily back then), and along came GHWB and the secret service detail. Here it was election day and he was getting his run in!

So there was a group of men in black suits running along with Bush, or did they wear running clothes to pretend they were regular runners? Either way it sounds hilarious.

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Monday 2.1 miles in 18:36

Today 2.1 miles in 17:58

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3 today, plus HIIT later this afternoon.
Gotta get that speed back before rugby season.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5km after about a week off which featured too much crappy food, indiscriminate drinking and cigars

In better news, hamstring and heel are all better now.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't know, but I played ultimate for 90 minutes before work.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads