• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kabbaz Shirts

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
Are your AK cuffs looser than usual, manton? If so, did it bother you? Did you get used to it?

A little. Through trial and error, I have found that I prefer button cuffs to be 9.25" (edge to edge) and French 9.5". AK made me 10" French cuffs. We talked about it. He said there would be no need for anything tighter, and the wider cuff would look nicer with the slightly fuller sleeve. I said fine. And he's right, it does look nice. Still, if I had wanted 9.5" he would have done that. Hell, he probably would have replaced my cuffs at his cost.

cuffthis

Reaction score
ok, I'll bite.

Manton - are you basically saying that you really love what AK produced for you but not at the current market value?

(Please save me from reading 15 pages)

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
Unfortunately, that's the one thing we only get one of.

900 million Hindus disagree
plain.gif

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Threads like this.... I LOVE SF!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
There is such a thing; it's called a "muslin." Though it's not always made of muslin. Frank Shattuck made no less than three for me, plus two muslin vests. No other tailor I know of still does this, however.
Charvet did that for my sport coat.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Charvet did that for my sport coat.
Now the two of you have scarred my eyes. I think muslin, and I think cheesecloth. I think of you and Manton wrapped in cheesecloth, and my eyes hurt. Thanks a lot.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thread revival =
lurker[1].gif

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Now the two of you have scarred my eyes. I think muslin, and I think cheesecloth. I think of you and Manton wrapped in cheesecloth, and my eyes hurt. Thanks a lot.
Keep your fantasies to yourself.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
If it makes you feel better, Davies did one for me and called it a toile fitting. Somehow, that sounds worse. In reality, the "toile" was a tan cloth they had rolls of, intended for the uniforms of one of the Harry's or Cipriani's somewhere or other.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i read the whole thing and i still don't get the inside joke. you guys have really complex inside jokes.

Caomhanach

Reaction score
Join ASK ANDY because of a desire to dress like a GENTLEMAN with all that implies and demands. Make the inevitable share of brilliant and utterly stupid posts one wishes could have been thought out in an age when Men of Letters actually meant stationary and fountain pens. Make your share of apologies for those comments: not because of threat of banning but knowing you really were a boor. Meet a cornucopia of artisans this deux ex machina does brilliantly make available. You notice, being BUSINESSMEN they stay scrupulously out of the plethora of ancillary forums beyond clothing except For Carlo Franco and Mr Kabbatz who act as 'moderators.' You actually make some purchases from these vendors. You actually plan to at least buy a lousy half dozen Pantherella socks from Kabbatz. You can't afford a $500 shirt, or even a lousy 2nd from Ross Dress for Less at times. But you believe in reciprocity and remember that even Tiffanys engraved a Crackerjack ring for Audrey and George.And then people come onboard who think Denim is some mark of true Libertie, Eqalitie and Franternitie and another who actually eats with the same mouth he vomits filth with. And then kabbatz and Co. show blatent prejudice and immoderate moderation who's only criteria is do not challenge their authority. So, I bought my 6 lousy pantherellas, but not from Alex. And it will be a cold day in Hell, even if I won the damned Lottery tommorow I will every buy a shirt to insult my Sam Hober ties and Kent Wang Pocketsquares. I'm sure Cruiser and pedantic Turkey will keep them busy enough without me.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
WTF are you talking about?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads