• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

B.Son FW07 (formerly Attention Saucemaster)

bapelolol

Reaction score
how are the new cowlnecks t-shirts? i remember last season they were made 50% cotton 50% modal now they're 100% cotton? cutting costs?

DeadDJ

Reaction score
I really like the black version of the cowl neck (available on revolve but not Context) but for the life of me I can't decide if I'd wear it more than just this season. Roll the sleeves under halfway prolly, looks ok to me. Opinions on it?

Let's assume price isn't that big of an issue since I'd just scam a friend to get the discount.
BSON-MO37_V1.jpg

http://www.revolveclothing.com/Displ...7&c=B.+Son&d=b

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Kill DJ- It's a cool piece but a bit garish when wearing it in real life. I don't know, i wore it a few times last year (in the other color) and just wasn't feeling it. I probably wouldn't wear it a ton. It does standout though, if you're looking for an item with that appeal. I was able to get my money back so it wasn't a big deal. I always try to make sure i can come out even on items i'm not sure of.

DeadDJ

Reaction score
Garish, nice vocab. The more I think about it the more I like it. Just picked up some black raws to replace the blacks I'm selling and think it would go very nicely (although, maybe match too much?). Once those loans come in we'll see. By the way, how thick is it? It looks barely thicker than a t shirt.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not as thick as a typical sweater but thicker than a t-shirt. I have one from last season in the light grey. If it matters to you that piece is the one that got me the most compliments from women, and it's also received the most insults from boys (eg: You're gay, GAY!, fagget, etc). It worked for F/W and even the cold days on Spring.

I can't decide between the Navy or Black.

DeadDJ

Reaction score
^Thanks, that does help.

That doesn't bother me anymore - mostly I just avoid places where bro's that say that bullshit congregate (e.g. ****** clubs and bars). Although, the last time I went to one some brah called me a *** and for the life of me I couldn't figure out why - I was wearing stuff to fit in for the benefit of my friends - a normal button down, new standards, and oxfords. Maybe he noticed the shirt fit and the shoes weren't square toe
confused.gif

Weird that the decision is getting so much easier for me. We'll see when the money becomes available.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
classic shawl > cowl when it comes to sweater acceptance by the masses I've informally noticed.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Kill DJ- It's a cool piece but a bit garish when wearing it in real life. I don't know, i wore it a few times last year (in the other color) and just wasn't feeling it. I probably wouldn't wear it a ton. It does standout though, if you're looking for an item with that appeal. I was able to get my money back so it wasn't a big deal. I always try to make sure i can come out even on items i'm not sure of.

I'm also pretty much in agreement. It's a tough piece to pull off. I'm glad I have it to be able to try it though. Helmut Lang has one very similar this season

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kill the DJ
BSON-MO37_V1.jpg

Does anyone hate these zombie hands on the models? just when I thought revolve models could look worse.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Naw not the size of them, its the weird hand positioning where they have a slight ben at the elbow then let their wrists and hands go totally limp. Like they have think they have claws instead of hands. Who makes postures like that?

Also I have the contrast cuffs.

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they should've made some regular cewnecks out of that heather black, it's a pretty cool color

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads