• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Frequent Denim Washing

Diamonds-By-Simon

Reaction score
Hi -

I have recently started wearing better denim(APC, Acne, Rogan... but hope to get into a few more) and have become very fond of them. However, I will soon be working in a place where my jeans will get a bit dirty(visibly) and require frequent washings. Which denim brands would some of you recommend for this situation?

Thanks for your time and suggestions.

Brutus

Reaction score
What happened to the 7s, R&R comment by our soon-to-be best friend RedScarf7?

Diamonds-By-Simon

Reaction score
yes, i have a few earnest sewn as well. i'm not in love with them and they are pretty pricey for something to work in. i will check out a few different cuts and see how they stack up. thank you for the suggestion.

izlat

Reaction score
I've seen very cheap Earnest at Off S5Ave a couple of years ago... not sure if they still have them though

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you want to wash them a lot get some pre-faded stuff. Most is gaudy in my opinion but Acne and KMW make some nice washed imo.

Torn

Reaction score
What kind of job is it? If its a job that doesn't require you to have clean jeans, just get used to them being dirty and enjoy the interesting wear.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find this recent obsession (last few years) with keeping denim unwashed and preserving the fade, interesting and comical. Dirty pants suck-period. There is nothing cool about them. If you have them, stay away from my house because we won't let you sit on the furniture.

If your jeans are dirty, wash them! Turn them inside out and wash on cold water. Hang to dry. They will stay dark for a long time and still get nice, natural wear and fade.

Washing jeans will not destroy your chances for getting laid or ruin your personality.

Trend alert- the NYTimes highlighted recently an emerging hot brand of womens jeans that they describe as "boyfriend" jeans for women. They are well faded and loose. Trends must change, be ready for SF threads in about a year titled "How do I get my jeans to fade?"

Lysol

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
I find this recent obsession (last few years) with keeping denim unwashed and preserving the fade, interesting and comical. Dirty pants suck-period. There is nothing cool about them. If you have them, stay away from my house because we won't let you sit on the furniture.

If your jeans are dirty, wash them! Turn them inside out and wash on cold water. Hang to dry. They will stay dark for a long time and still get nice, natural wear and fade.

Washing jeans will not destroy your chances for getting laid or ruin your personality.

Trend alert- the NYTimes highlighted recently an emerging hot brand of womens jeans that they describe as "boyfriend" jeans for women. They are well faded and loose. Trends must change, be ready for SF threads in about a year titled "How do I get my jeans to fade?"

What a childish, condescending post.

Reaction score
^ I thought this forum was cluttered with threads about getting jeans to fade?

Tourangh

Reaction score
A pair of japanese denim that looses it indigo less quickly than some other brands or you could go with somthing on the cheaper side like APC or CM and just not worry about them. Also remember that washing jeans doesent mean you wont get fades etc.. Just that the contrast of the fades will be less because the overall jean color will because of indigo loss from washes. Also you could soak them or hand wash to get minimal indigo loss.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics