• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ so far, alot! My main concern when I found these on ebay was the D width since im an EE, but I figured a thinner leather would stretch enough...
When i first put them on, they were on the snug and slim side, but after wearing them alot today they fitted comfortable.
The leather isnt that great, for instance, the timberland boat shoes I have has a much nicer color and texture, but what the heck. Look wise I like these alot, especially with the work boot style laces. The decent padding is a big plus aswell,as the fore mentioned timberlands are far too hard to walk long distances in..

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
RRL Officer Chino
Vintage (if you can call something from the 90s vintage..) RRL white button down
RRL slim fit O/W selvage jeans
RRL straight leg O/W selvage jeans (NWT, $15 shipped, hell yes)

Seanallen

Reaction score
So I'm in Vegas today, and everytime I'm here I usually stop by American Apparel. Did not like their V-neck too much but I picked up some T's. But I went to "express jeans" and found a very nice fitting V-neck.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
arrived in the mail today.....RafxFred Perry longsleeve black polo. Made in Portugal??
crazy.gif
at least it didnt cost too much more than their normal gear
raffredperryed6.jpg
I did see the waffle knit polo at Barneys from FredxRaf....what a bunch of **** that garment is. Way too thick for a shortsleeve polo, and the iron-on looking patch with the laurel is garbage looking. Also Barneys is selling it for almost $100 more than you can get it from UK including shipping. I think I'm at the point where I'll never buy anything from Barneys unless it's sale time.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Their markup isn't that much more, majority of the diff has to do with euro/gbp difference.

The portugal is nonsense, I did see one that was italy though.

Steven Aver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally gave in and bought my first pair of Aldens today!

#986 dark Burgandy Cord Loafers, got them from Tom Austin Shoes here on 43rd and 6th. Pics to come!

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
nice choice j

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
nice choice j

figure you'd approve

actually it does look quite nice when worn, has a good fitted shape and the length is just right to wear untucked. sleeve length is perfect for me too and I like the button at the cuff

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3 new suits this week & another 1 or 2 by the end of this month if Ethandesu comes through with the goods.

The other 2 will be navy with silver bead stripe & a charcoal with various self stripes (light blue, dark blue & chocolate).

I have decided to go back to my Trad Italian style instead of my current GA FITs.

True to my OCD, all the new suits are the same cut (except for the Milano):
- all made in Japan
- minimal shoulder
- tight fit
- minimal break with a 5cm cuff
- no belt loops (undecided to have either side tabs or a rear tab only)

Suit - Mid blue shark skin. Rolling 3B SB notched lapel. Ortona weave. Fine Super Merino wool Super 120's ("Osaka cut" MIJ for Herringbone)
This has gone back, to shorten the pant by 1cm & increase the cuff by 1cm, some adjustments to the waist/blades & removal of belt loops
L1030597W.jpg

L1030609.jpg

Suit - Mid-grey w caramel window pane. Rolling 3B SB notched lapel. Wool Super 120s ("Osaka cut" MIJ for Herringbone)
Pictures to come as there are few minor tweaks

Suit - Deep blue. Rolling 3B SB notched lapel. Wool Super 120s ("Milano cut" MIJ for Herringbone)
L1030656W.jpg

L1030636W.jpg

5cm Cuffs
L1030663W.jpg

life_interrupts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a purchase but a gift: Allen-Edmonds Bel Air wing tips in black.

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dude phat guido, you aren't smiling in that first picture...

you just scared me half to death.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rjakapeanut
dude phat guido, you aren't smiling in that first picture...

you just scared me half to death.

He's contemplating your demise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads