• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post pics of your denim - denim fades and evolution

headtowall

Reaction score
Eternal 811. 8 months.

Eternal811Front.jpg

Eternal811Back.jpg

Eternal811Side.jpg

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Poly - those Grifters are awesome. I have just got my second pair of V2 Grifters and to me it's the best fitting cut I've every worn. I'd love to have a pair in that Cone Mills denim.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm gonna get me some ande whaaalls.

baron: posted them in waywt? i'm interested to see.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've posted my first pair zillions of times. The 2nd pair hasn't been worn yet.

Mushroom77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by progressiveminded
RRDS, maybe around seven months of wear, two washes.

When were the washes? Those things look awesome... I'm hoping mine turn out like that after I'm done with them.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kmyles
Diors at 8 months with 2 soaks. MII.

Surprising how little whiskering there is (i mean as far as creases go).

heyheyhey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ludeykrus
I've been caught in quite a few heavy storms while riding my motorcycle.

This is something I've been wondering about. How does rain affect Raws exactly? Will it just make the indigo transfer when its touched, or will it bleed right out?

Spintherism

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tourangh
My jeans should be there in maybe 8 months
smile.gif
. And to anyone interested in Andes jeans, I also got a pair last week and I love them. That is pretty much short version of Pollys rant
smile.gif

I've been wearing my Grifters for about 4 months. The fading process is proceeding in accordance with the Master Plan.

blank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatuknowaboutthat
levis used to have an "employee purchase plan" where we could order most levis including LVC and cap e for wholesale price. If you call 1800 USA LEVI, u might be able to track down a pair.. I've personally never seen these at any levis. Supposedly Levis are rolling out an "orange tab" selection this fall/winter which will include these 606's.
Is that link (http://www.jalana.co.jp/levis-vintage/606/index.html) the same as this link? http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp...entPage=family The Jalana ones are LVC and selvage, and these aren't, right?

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by heyheyhey
This is something I've been wondering about. How does rain affect Raws exactly? Will it just make the indigo transfer when its touched, or will it bleed right out?

It doesn't do much at all. This pair is not a heavy bleeder, so it didn't lose any indigo when it got soaked. However, I could see an 'easy-bleed' pair losing a bit more indigo when rubbed if really wet.

Honestly, if you're worried about the effects of rain on raw denim, don't.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads