• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yuca: better than potatoes

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am a big fan of yuca. I've had it boiled and fried, and it is amazing both ways. Anyone else love yuca and know of good ways to prepare it? There are several grocery stores near me that carry it, so I'm trying to learn.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Milhouse
I am a big fan of yuca. I've had it boiled and fried, and it is amazing both ways. Anyone else love yuca and know of good ways to prepare it? There are several grocery stores near me that carry it, so I'm trying to learn.

Take the boiled yucca, slather it in red onions that have been fried in bacon fat, then eat yucca and bacon. Yucca fritters are another preparation.

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha, I should have realized a perfect food like yuca would go well with another perfect food like bacon.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Haha, I should have realized a perfect food like yuca would go well with another perfect food like bacon.

Well, the typical iteration of that dish calls for yucca and pickled red onions, but I am a believer that any dish which calls for vinegar or oil, is really calling for bacon fat.

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you don't want to get a heart attack, olive oil also works well with yuca. You can put a little on top even if it isn't dry. I prefer white onions with something else on top like eggs or some meat.

kman

Reaction score
hmm i THINK i had a yucca pudding once. it was pretty good

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kman
hmm i THINK i had a yucca pudding once. it was pretty good

It may have been called "tapioca" pudding. Tapioca is the starch from the yuca. Personally, I hate tapioca pudding, but love yuca as a vegetable.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'll pan fry it with some fennel bulb and onion. Delicious.

kman

Reaction score
It may have been called "tapioca" pudding. Tapioca is the starch from the yuca. Personally, I hate tapioca pudding, but love yuca as a vegetable.

yeah thanks it was tapioca.

lpresq

Reaction score
On an episode of Anthony Bourdain (Peru?), the locals actually made liquor from the almighty yuca, though the process was rather disgusting.

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yucca con mojo!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

http://karmafreecooking.wordpress.co...n-mojo-cubano/

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yucca ten times greater than potato. I boil it, some plantain and dumpling and serve some lobster and shrimp curry over it. When I was single I was usually too stingy to serve it on a date, but the last time I did panties literally ricocheted across the room.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There is no substitute for the almighty potato.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads