• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW08

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
The parka would be a little better for warmth, but not by much. Will the duffel jackets be lined this year? If so, they would be a good choice for temperatures around freezing.

The answer is no, and neither are the parkas.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
The answer is no, and neither are the parkas.
Not even the duffels, eh? That's disappointing, the melton wool one from last year kept me very toasty. I wonder why the mac jacket got the lining.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+ Parkas a back.
frown.gif
they are not lined? Don't know why EG never lines their jackets. I understand they are trying to go for the layering look but at least one heavy lined coat would be nice.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by irbe
+ Parkas a back.
frown.gif
they are not lined? Don't know why EG never lines their jackets. I understand they are trying to go for the layering look but at least one heavy lined coat would be nice.

Yeah no joke. So much for the functionality angle.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
Yeah no joke. So much for the functionality angle.

I dunno man. I have a few of their jackets, and they pretty much do the trick. On particularly cold days (i.e. under 5 F), I layered just my EG hoodie under them, and as long as I also had gloves and a hat, I was golden. If you want a warmer jacket, go with the melton wool jackets - the dark navy ones, for example. Very wind-resistant, and warm.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a Melton Wool Engineered Jacket from last year and it doesn't hack Canadian winters. Even with the layering. The duffel (lined) form last year felt warmed when I tried it on.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by irbe
I have a Melton Wool Engineered Jacket from last year and it doesn't hack Canadian winters. Even with the layering. The duffel (lined) form last year felt warmed when I tried it on.

Really? I wore mine during my time in Kingston around the Holidays, and it was fine. I dunno. I tend to like the cold weather.

horriblyjollyjinx

Reaction score
I wear the bedford with a denim jacket underneath. works alright for winter but not for -30*C of course.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drink8648
C'mon, on cold days I wear my EG Union Suit. Don't tell me you don't have one yet!
Will you be stocking these this season?
laugh.gif

(I'll be honest, I had to look that one up)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads