• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hanger Project hangers for your GF/wife

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I just put in an order at Hanger Project with Kirby for some hangers. I was hoping they'd have some that would work for a woman's jacket or coat, but what they have is too wide and too thick. At the moment, Kirby is working on some prototypes, but he doesn't know if there's enough demand for smaller, high-end hangers for women, and isn't sure what features women would want.

However, he told me that if I could get people to order 100 women's hangers and nail down the specifics, he'd be willing to make them for us.

At the moment, the men's hangers come in 17", 18.5", and 20" widths. The 17" one might be okay for some women in terms of width, but it's too flared for most women's shoulders. So, perhaps modified 17" and a 14.5" models would do the trick.

Would any of your girlfriends or wives be interested? If so, maybe we can get a bulk order started. We just need to get a consensus on preferred widths, features (trouser bar? skirt clamp?), and colors (dark cherry like the men's, or lighter?). If the men's versions are any indication, a women's hanger would go for about $22. We need to order 100 hangers; I'm down for 10.

In case you haven't seen it, the website for Hanger Project is: https://www.hangerproject.com.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you get me a girlfriend i'm down to get some hangars
laugh.gif

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stickonatree
laugh.gif

Maybe if you buy the hangers first, the girls will follow.

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
laugh.gif

+1

Get me a nice and rich one and I will get some more!

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
laugh.gif

We could call it the girlfriend project.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The gf just buys hangers from ikea, otherwise, hangers from the Hanger Project will cost more than the clothes themselves!

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
The gf just buys hangers from ikea, otherwise, hangers from the Hanger Project will cost more than the clothes themselves!

The hanger-to-clothes price ratio is a real problem. For a guy spending $3,000+ on a suit, a $20 hanger only makes sense. It seems that lots of women prefer quantity over quality. But women who can afford it still wear nice coats and suits, no?

robasaurus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
nvm

Hahaha I caught that before you edited it out. I saw it and thought, "Did he just make the joke I think he did?"

82-Greg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
The hanger-to-clothes price ratio is a real problem. For a guy spending $3,000+ on a suit, a $20 hanger only makes sense. It seems that lots of women prefer quantity over quality. But women who can afford it still wear nice coats and suits, no?

I have a woman (married, no kids, no pets) in my office who wears one outfit once per year. She has converted all her spare bedrooms and her entire basement into closet space for her wardrobe. She buys shoes (even if too small or too large) if they match an outfit she has. She never spends more than $20 on any pair of shoes. She has reading glasses in about about 20 different colors--she was very angry recently when her optometrist changed her prescription because it would cost too much to get every pair updated. She makes her own necklaces to hold her badge (we all wear badges at work). That way she can afford to have 125 different necklaces to match her outfits. (Yes I did ask her and she counted.)

She can't comprehend me spending $1500 on a MTM suit and just shook her head at the price of my AE shoes. I know for a fact for every $1500 suit I own, she has at least a dozen outfits and two or three shoes, a handbag, two or three necklaces and pair of reading glasses or two, which must total significantly more.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan

Agreed. I was only pointing out that in my situation (and probably similar to that of the other significant others here), that my gf likes to subscribe to the "many, but inexpensive articles of clothing" mantra because she prefers that her friends don't see her wearing the same dress (or tops even, but more so dresses) more than once. Thus, nice, expensive hangers wouldn't make sense.

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Agreed. I was only pointing out that in my situation (and probably similar to that of the other significant others here), that my gf likes to subscribe to the "many, but inexpensive articles of clothing" mantra because she prefers that her friends don't see her wearing the same dress (or tops even, but more so dresses) more than once. Thus, nice, expensive hangers wouldn't make sense.

+1. besides, u rarely hear women bragging about $5000 handbags; instead their sense of accomplishment come from buying $5000 handbags for $1000 or buying $500 shoes for $80.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Okay, so I take it there's zero interest.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads