• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is This Dog on Roids?

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Squirrel on roids:

bigsquirrel.jpg

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RHJS
damn pitbulls are scary. i love my chihuahua

Most pitbulls are loving, super-friendly dogs. They are notorious for being easy to steal.

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
Most pitbulls are loving, super-friendly dogs. They are notorious for being easy to steal.

I come across a lot of pit bulls they are generally pretty friendly towards people even when they aren't well trained. But I am still scared o them. I had friends who were into fighting dogs( not organized) and most of the pits were people friendly but very aggressive towards other dogs. I remember two fight or events in particular best. One in which a pit bull was fighting a rottweiler ,thoroughly trouncing the Rotty, which was 20-30 pound larger at least, until the rottweiler's father jumped in and was handle with even more ease, funniest thing I ever seen. Another time a few guys purchased a pig from a farm in Windsor, CT and had their pit bull and rottweiler try to kill it, but they didn't even seem to be able hurt the animal.

brissyboy

Reaction score
Wendy looks like one of the zombie dogs you expect in a resident evil game...

Reaction score
big wendy has friendly eyes. nothing scary bout her IMO.

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Girl I was dating had a pit. First time at her place, I walk in the door and the dog runs across the room, up my chest (I'm standing)and gives me a kiss . Really friendly and wants to play. Girl then says that the dog had run up and bit her previous date.
laugh.gif

BlackShoes

Reaction score
Is dog fighting considered to be OK now? I can't believe anyone would enjoy it or associate with the sort of knuckle dragging morons who do.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's perfectly okay in Japan, where dogfighting is legal in most jurisdictions. One of my best friends is an erstwhile dogfighter. He's a wonderful fellow--a true man of God. With all the things we do to animals, I really don't think properly conducted dogfighting is all that bad.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's perfectly okay in Japan, where dogfighting is legal in most jurisdictions. One of my best friends is an erstwhile dogfighter. He's a wonderful fellow--a true man of God. With all the things we do to animals, I really don't think properly conducted dogfighting is all that bad.

How exactly do you "properly conduct" a dogfight?

I've seen some cock fights where they put corks on the roosters' spurs (not in the US). Nobody really wins, they just flail around until they're separated. Not sure if there's an equivalent technique in dog fighting.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gibonius
How exactly do you "properly conduct" a dogfight?

When the rules are scrupulously observed and there's a good, fair referee.

Anyway, we've had several threads on this topic, so I see little need to belabor the point here.

BlackShoes

Reaction score

When the rules are scrupulously observed and there's a good, fair referee.

Anyway, we've had several threads on this topic, so I see little need to belabor the point here.

Something being legal, somewhere, does not mean it is above all reproach. Also, your friend was not a dog fighter, someone who fights dogs, he was someone who forces dogs to maim each other for his amusement, but then again, if he gets his guidance from the bible, I am hardly surprised that he has the morals of some inadequate degenerate.

Having rules seems somewhat perfunctory in this context. Some arbitrary code does not absolve one of the suffering caused to innocent animals.

VelvetGreen

Reaction score
People who make dogs fight each other are nothing more than protozoan, knuckle dragging cunts. Cheers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads