• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cuff Link Damage

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Osprey Guy
These are really great! Color is amazing!!...With respect to Appolyon I reduced the size of the photo a bit so that they're easier to see without having to scroll across such a large image (I hope you don't mind)

Not at all. Here are some more pics (in reduced size) of some of the others in my collection:

Siam theme:

p1020839resizeok1.jpg

A nice Guilloche pattern:

p1020843resizetc7.jpg

Another Guilloche:

p1020847resizebz2.jpg

With Opals:

p1020851resizebp7.jpg

More Guilloche:

p1020852resizeak9.jpg

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
These have to be one of my favourites. Vintage Japanese jade:

p1020855resizeml3.jpg

Vintage Krementz. One of the sides has had something heavy fall on it (can't see it in this pic) that needs to be fixed, wonder if a jeweler could do it.

p1020857resizejq9.jpg

Roman Soldier theme. I suspect that these two have come from different pairs and have been matched together at a later stage as the blue and gold on the left cufflink are very dull compared to the right. If anyone has any advice on how I could bring out the lustre please let me know:

p1020859resizekc2.jpg

Not sure whether it is onyx or not but the outer ring is enamel:

p1020860resizeyr9.jpg

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
And some more cufflinks for your viewing pleasure!

Blue mother of pearl (I love this colour):

p1020865resizecx2.jpg

Snap-links:

p1020867resizebq6.jpg

These are probably my second favourite pair (after the enamelled peacock). Not sure what has caused the damage in the emanel, but I love them regardless:

p1020871resizexx7.jpg

More snap-links:

p1020873resizeib1.jpg

Tiger eye snap-links:

p1020875resizeow4.jpg

Tri-colour snap-links:

p1020877resizeps6.jpg

Blue domed glass:

p1020880resizepk8.jpg

Sakura blue glass Kent Wang's. Not plugging his products but these have to be one of the most beautiful and unique cufflinks I have come across. I also own them in pink, but they just appear so dainty they spend most of their life being admired and not worn!

p1020881resizepu6.jpg

I have also made a fair few new acquisitions that are making their way over to me and I'll post some pics when I receive them. I have a pair of enamelled 'Four Vices' coming to me that I really can't wait to receive!

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I particularly like the pair with the green metal underlay. They're like cufflinks ... of the future.

Yeah, the green is a great...oh, I don't know, industrial color? I love that they're punched out like that.

Originally Posted by CharlieHorse
first post. a recent order from Gabriel Caro

bowie_new.jpg

I really like these. They remind me of Mah Jong tiles.

b

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by appolyon
Blue mother of pearl (I love this colour):

Tiger eye snap-links:

These are both stunning. Really really gorgeous. I've never seen blue MOP before.

b

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
I picked up these deadstock Swank studs last week. When I wear them I can feel both swanky and studly. I paid $1.50:

p1012865bm1.jpg

Mustapha

Reaction score
Originally Posted by appolyon
These have to be one of my favourites. Vintage Japanese jade:

p1020855resizeml3.jpg

This one is just so, so nice. The green and the yellow.

nmoraitis

Reaction score
Tortoiseshell, supposedly Victorian era. I plan on adding a gold chain as I quite like these a lot.

DorianGrey

Reaction score
These are my two latest cufflink aquisitions from a recent trip to Newport. The first set is a pair of pre-1989 african elephant ivory hand-engraved scrimshaw cufflinks with 14k gold settings and swivels. The design is a wonderful nautical compass in blue (although it looks black in the pictures). The second pair is a set of handmade solid 18K gold Fratelli Piccini (goldsmiths from Florence) double sided seahorse cufflinks - I love these cufflinks! And yes - both are the most expensive pieces of jewelry I have purchased to date (not counting watches). I kind of went crazy on that trip. I am still waiting to find a pair of Tiffany 18K barbell cufflinks at a reasonable price (the 14K gold buttons in the 3rd pic are vintage Tiffany as are the sterling barbells).

DSCF0644.jpg

DSCF0647.jpg

DSCF0648.jpg

base615

Reaction score
I just picked these up, don't know who made them but I'm told they're from the 1930's. I assume they're gold plated rather than gold but I liked them anyway.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nmoraitis
Tortoiseshell, supposedly Victorian era. I plan on adding a gold chain as I quite like these a lot.

Damn, dude, these are amazing.

manouche

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Here's a slightly better picture. So much for wanting to be the next David Bailey for a millisecond after college.

jadeitesapphireandruby3ij7.jpg
[/IMG]

Weird.

Do you know Dunhill ? they make good cufflinks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads